• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2/14/08

Zand

Date(s) Skied: Thursday Night 2/14/08

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: Dust on Crust, Temps falling through the 20s

Trip Report:

Not too great of a night tonight, but it was alright for 2 hours. Met Austin a little after 6:30 and we took runs till 8:30. Also took a run with WaLoaf and his buddy Mike around 8. Place was dead tonight... had it all to ourselves.

Conifer: Had some frozen puddles at the top, but it was decent once you got by that. All dust on crust, but enough "dust" to get some decent turns in.

10th: A little more slick than Conifer, but again, enough loose stuff to make some turns in on the right side. Took a nice slide when I went to cross over to Lower Smith, but they never groomed the road so I hit sheet ice and went down. Austin took note of that and came to snowman me but then quickly realized why I went down haha.

Smith: Definitely the most slick of the 3 summit trails. Hard to get an edge at all on the headwall. Lower was decent with some good air over one of the mounds. Polar was in full speed and was ski-on the whole night.

Look Mom: Scraped mess, couldn't even stop to save my life. Everything's the same hits-wise. Pipe was closed and needs to have its walls recut because the freezing rain wreaked havoc on it. Minuteman was in full speed and was ski on most of the time besides the occasional wave of racers.

Overall, not a great night, but good enough for 2 hours. Don't know what's next with the rainstorm coming in Monday. We'll see I guess.

wa-loaf

Nice to catch up with you guys again. Brief as it was.

Conditions were definitely firm. They warned us before the race to be careful 'cause the course was really fast and icy.

Warp Daddy

Thanx for the TR guys we cancelled our trip to the area have to see our grandkids in the spring Conditions sound GRIM and it looks like sun thru tues will also be a mess that way been watching reports now for several days . I 'll miss skiing in your region dammit

Certainly not crowing but at least here in NNY we have had some really good snow this week and plenty of it as its snowing this am

Thanx again and as always HAVE FUN