• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/22 - 2/23 Storm Discussion Thread

hammer

This may be strange, but I really don't care if there's snow in my yard...I'd be perfectly happy if my lawn was showing as long as there was plenty of snow where I'm skiing.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
that 6-10 is a longshot for the valleys. pray for the mountains

huntah could be a winnnah....

day2_psnow_gt_08.gif

The Sneak

hunter, crotched, wa, beast, jiminy, butternut, catamount and the CT places look to be the biggest winners out of this one.

Where to go...

5-8 inches expected for the Southern Poconos..I have my fat skis..88mm waxed and ready to go for tomorrow afternoon..It's going to be sick..

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Positive vibe for the Southern NE bredren!!!! You want it more and get it less then most so I hope you get detonated upon with much dense goodness, followed by several inches of fluff! Looks like a sure thing now...keep 'em fall line!

2knees

damn, the calls for sleet around hartford are getting longer and louder now in some of the forecasts. I just hope sundown hangs out as snow alot longer.

2 inches so far in Allentown PA and it's snowing moderately..23 degrees out..really fluffy snow..too bad I have a 10:00AM appointment..hopefully there'll still be some fresh Poe this afternoon..this storm is the real deal..

WJenness

Yesterday when I looked at hourly forecasts, the earliest snow was being projected in my area was 1:00PM... today driving to work at about 7:00AM on Route 3 in Billerica, there were some flakes... it has intensified a bit and was snowing pretty good by the time I got to the office... woo hoo.. it's ON!

-w

Greg

Staff member
damn, the calls for sleet around hartford are getting longer and louder now in some of the forecasts. I just hope sundown hangs out as snow alot longer.

They always seem to. I can get sleet here and it's often times all or mostly snow up there. 20.3*F and snowing lightly here, closing in on 2".

kingslug

I brushed about 3 inches of light snow off the truck this morning. And it's not supposed to stop all day. Too bad I can't get up there until Sunday, but at least they will have a good base and some bumpies to play around on. Just have to decide Plattekill or Belleayre for Sunday...Hunter for Monday.
Hope this weather didn't screw up everyone's flight out to SLC!!!

Greg

Staff member
hfd_None_anim.gif

Ain't digging that dryslot in SE PA... :???: