• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/22 - 2/23 Storm Discussion Thread

WJenness

Accuweather has upped the snowfall totals for my hometown... yesterday they were saying a little over an inch during the day and a little less than six overnight... now they're saying 6.9 during the day and another 3.5 at night (With additional flurries tomorrow).

I love snow.

-w

I would say there's a solid 4 inches of fluffy Poe here. I'm about to go outside and do some shoveling here at work. It looks like my 10:00AM appointment is coming in a little early which is awesome because then I can get out of work early. I'm hoping to be at Blue by around noon...It won't be fresh Poe..except off-trail but at least it will be chowder..lol...

I get the powder panic real bad and it kills me that by now Blue mountain is tracked up..but I did get 6 or 7 powder days in Jackson Hole..

SKIQUATTRO

cleared 5" off the cars this morning here on LI,,,,calling for 5-10" still coming down

Greg

Staff member
We're in a lull right now. Picked up about 2.5" of very light and fluffy powder. Up to 26.1*F. Not snowing currently...

2knees

if you look at the noaa radar, it has clearly stopped across much of northern ct for now. PLENTY o moisture still to the south and west though.

Grassi21

if you look at the noaa radar, it has clearly stopped across much of northern ct for now. PLENTY o moisture still to the south and west though.

Pat, I miss you man.... :cry: We gonna see you tonight.... ;-)

2knees

Pat, I miss you man.... We gonna see you tonight.... ;-)

I'm lookin at the beast for tomorrow so i dont think i'm gonna make it out tonight.

monday afternoon i'll be there for sure. take a half day. 40 degrees sunshine and some fresh snow. temptor should be crankin by then.

Grassi21

I'm lookin at the beast for tomorrow so i dont think i'm gonna make it out tonight.

monday afternoon i'll be there for sure. take a half day. 40 degrees sunshine and some fresh snow. temptor should be crankin by then.

Not a bad choice. BEast will should be nice tomorrow. Enjoy.

Greg

Staff member

Nice call of the BEast. Hit the glades, Liftline, Jug and Grizzy. Not sure Beast will be ready tomorrow.

I might be down for a pm session on Monday. Gotta watch the weather. BTW, lightly snowing again.

Greg

Staff member
Snow is falling at a pretty good clip again. Temps falling slightly too: 26.2". No sleet, Zand... :lol:

Zand

^I'd hope not... the radar shows the mixing is staying down in Joisey for now.

As for here, we have no more than 1" (grass isn't even covered) and just were in a lull, but we're back to some light snow right now. Temp is 18.4. Hopefully the various dry slots hanging around the storm can fill in.

I also may try for Beast tomorrow... it would be early, like 8-1 because I need to work at 4. Might be hard to leave if I do make it. Never skied any natural trails there not named Liftline so it will be fun if I can get there.

2knees

^I'd hope not... the radar shows the mixing is staying down in Joisey for now.

As for here, we have no more than 1" (grass isn't even covered) and just were in a lull, but we're back to some light snow right now. Temp is 18.4. Hopefully the various dry slots hanging around the storm can fill in.

I also may try for Beast tomorrow... it would be early, like 8-1 because I need to work at 4. Might be hard to leave if I do make it. Never skied any natural trails there not named Liftline so it will be fun if I can get there.

keep your eye open for me zand. Yellow jacket black pants. should be there by 9.

Greg

Staff member
Back to a nice and steady accumulating snow here. 27.1*F. Somewhere in the 3-4" range now.