• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tempting Ullr

Greg

Staff member
I broke a sheer bolt on my snowthrower last week rendering it pretty much useless. I don't have any more and I'm thinking about not buying any new ones.

How are you tempting Ullr?

loafer89

Honestly there is so much snow in most of Maine that Ullr has been quite kind this winter. I am hoping for a smooth transition into spring next month with no major thaws and if this is the case then the spring skiing at Sugarloaf/Sunday River and Saddleback will be just as good as last year.

With no more blackout dates on my Maine Pass I am looking forward to eating lots of corn in March/April and hopefully May.:p

deadheadskier

Staff member
Going to Florida during what is typically the best week for skiing in Northern New England....March 3rd through the 9th.

Oh yeah..I'm going outside..and doing my signiture dance move..The Running Man..and when I ski tomorrow after work..I'm doing a massive crotch grab spread eagle for the snow gods...expect a massive snowstorm later this week...

SKIQUATTRO

new skis were just delivered for the mrs. and me....Ullr is happy and will provide snow so i can test out my new sugar daddies!

wa-loaf

Don't say that. There is a snow god, he's just terribly vengeful. I say we go Aztec and throw a sacrifice off a mountain every night so it snows the next day.

Know any virgins? Maybe GSS will do . . . :lol:

I cleared out the big icy snowbank in front of the house today, so it's going to snow some more and fill the space back in.

Paul

Don't say that. There is a snow god, he's just terribly vengeful. I say we go Aztec and throw a sacrifice off a mountain every night so it snows the next day.

Know any virgins? Maybe GSS will do . . . :lol:

I cleared out the big icy snowbank in front of the house today, so it's going to snow some more and fill the space back in.

Quattro's got virgin skis, we could throw 'em in a volcano.

madskier6

Late last week I ordered a new pair of powder skis online, expected to be delivered the last week of Feb. I think that qualifies as tempting Ullr. Thanks to me, we probably won't get another snow storm all season. :wink:

To hell with that, I'm bullish on the remainder of this ski season. It's been a pretty good season so far IMHO & it will get better. Then I'll definitely be glad I ordered my powder skis in mid Feb despite the rain. :smile:

tcharron

I broke a sheer bolt on my snowthrower last week rendering it pretty much useless. I don't have any more and I'm thinking about not buying any new ones.

How are you tempting Ullr?

Not many can beat her.. :

215a1carlene.jpg

bobbutts

there is something big looming right around the end of the month.. many meteorologists are barking now even 7-9 days away. something to keep an eye on