• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Race Team - Pat's Peak 2/18/2008

roark

Warm and a bit wet, but we got a decent clearing to race and managed to pretty much stay dry. Pretty small turnout - not even 2 full pages of individual results.

Course was on Twister, but relatively straight. For the past few weeks the starts have been straight into the course rather than traversing across - seems more fun to me.

tree_skier finally got his first place finish, getting platinum both runs. skibum9995 dropped to 4th overall (from 3rd the last couple weeks), still smoking. As ga2ski said - he's the most improved. ga2ski had a lousy first run - we both had times in the 24's - usually he's at least a full second ahead of me. He made up for it 2nd run. I had my usual mid 20's handicap, first run felt a lot better than the 2nd after the course was a bit rutted.

Overall a 2nd place finish for the team this week, keeping us solidly in 3rd in the overall Monday standings, gaining some ground on 2nd.

ga2ski

Great job guys.

T_S - I did the math, looks like we may need to show up next week. We could possible knock off that 5.2. I estimated a 5.4. Let me know what your math looks like. My descision unfortunately will be based on work load as I'm supposed be on vacation and of course ski condition up north.

tree_skier

It's good to be King. at least for one night. I had 2 pretty decent runs, i did get a littlet late on the tight gate both runs but kept the skis arcing and didn't skid, but I think I skied myself out of the finals with the 2 platinums.

I thought I saw some little kid running off to a bus with Bob's skis when I got to Pat's but then realized Bob is too much of a wuss to race with us.

skibum9995

I was fairly surprised to se the 4th. I had two bad runs. 1st run I nearly missed a gate and had to throw the skis sideways and almost stop then traverse back to the course. 2nd run was just nasty and I was getting bounced around and was late for that gate again. This was a night for the big boys with the straight course.

NASTAR site was supposed to have nationals qualifiers up by 10:30 but its not up yet, should be soon.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice job gents! Congrats on the first TS. Would rather have been racing than working until 7p but I had an ASAP issue that could not wait until Tuesday due to a hard deadline.

roark

Congrats to SB9995 and Peter L for for qualifying for the NASTAR Nationals. Are you guys going?

Congrats guys! Very cool Peter got 1st for his class.

I'm a bit confused as to how t_s didn't qualify: 1st in state, 4th national in class. :-?

When I look at your profile it says you qualified as well. Funny, I don't see an individual top 3 there! You need to go run the Windham course and smoke that Alec guy. Something very suspicious about his 1/28 runs.

skibum9995

Qualifying is based of resort ranking. Top 3 in each division make it. State and National ranking don't matter. State or National will be used to determine which division you will compete in. For tele and snowboard I think it is the top 200 who make it.

ga2ski

For tele and snowboard I think it is the top 200 who make it.

Top 200 . ... That must be why I qualify every year. :lol:

This is what it said on the NASTAR site for me:

NASTAR said:
Congratulations, ga2ski! You qualified for the 2008 Nature Valley NASTAR National Championships! How you ask? Well you did so by being ranked in the top 3 in your age & gender category in your division at a participating Nature Valley NASTAR resort as of February 18, 2008.

I'll be happy to represent AZ once Greg forks over the money for me to go.

tree_skier

I got screwed on nationals. I am ranked 4th nationally but don't get to go as thursday night last week they had a bunch of guys that average 15 or so for handicaps get 5. Anyway now I don't have to worry about spend the $ to get there but it still kind of stinks anyway.

tree_skier

Great job guys.

T_S - I did the math, looks like we may need to show up next week. We could possible knock off that 5.2. I estimated a 5.4. Let me know what your math looks like. My descision unfortunately will be based on work load as I'm supposed be on vacation and of course ski condition up north.

I think we should go but we need everybody and should be a 5.4 or better.