• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bodies Revealed

drjeff

FYI, about 2 years ago when he retired, the CEO of United Healthcare received a 2 BILLION DOLLAR retirement package :eek: Insurance comppanies are FOR PROFIT companies whose main role isn't necessarily your health and well being as much as it's theie corporate performance on Wall Street

This is a major example of what is wrong with the healthcare industry today. As a Hospital board member i have seen hospitals STRUGGLE to break even and in fact MOST end up in RED while most HMO's make OBSCENE profits . Their execs are modern day pirates robbing the middle class by delaying , deniing or otherwise obfuscating in order to stuff their booty chests while squeezing down both teh rate and timeliness of payout for services .

Most Docs in any specialty will VENT for hrs about this situation .This situ. coupled with a high ratio of medicaid .medicare patients means that many rural , semi urban hospitals on receive about a 60 cents on a dollar billed

Meanwhile while Rome burns the damn pols are fiddling in DC -- OOPs almost went over the line here -- WTF!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

For example on medicaid patients in my practice, for kids I receive about 35 cents for every dollar billed, and for adults its about 20 cents for every dollar billed. My overhead is WAY more than both of those numbers. Offices just simply can't handle an appreciable number of medicaid patients and remain in business. For non medicaid dental insurance plans, for just about every plan out there the yearly maximum allowable covered amount hasn't been increased in 25 years. Absolutely no inflation adjustments by the insurance companies.

Warp Daddy

Nah------------ just sayin---------- But if anyones offended Mea Culpa

This is a 'nother slippery slope we all deal with

Besides which didn't take ANY incumbent or current candidate's paticular position as a given :D

But hey Doc thanx for the online dental education --much appreciated

drjeff

Man...you guys need to leave my mouth alone!!!

Buncha haters!!

Come on Paul, I had you figured for one of these!

DSCN2304.jpg

drjeff

If you're unsure if you want platinum of gold, there's always this look:

grillsjpg_1.JPG

Or if you're planning a trip down South for a family reunion, there's always this look!

28014.jpg

This one though might be my best case ever! LOL!

funny_animals_41.jpg

Although this is a close 2nd! (easy Marc!) ;)

381708603_f86eb60ccf.jpg