• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 2/21/08 (pix)

danny p

b]Date(s) Skied: [/b] 2/21/2208

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Powder, PP, Loose Granular, etc.

Trip Report: Fresh snow yet again. I drove up with the intention of shredding hardpack, etc. and had already told myself I would stay out of the trees. I called the snow phone around 7:00 and hear 5" and tree skiing trails open! Plans changed and I was elated to say the least. First run arrived to a untracked Vagabond. First 6 runs of the day were on Vagabond, each time arriving to find only my previous tracks. A hidden gem to say the least. Patsy's was good as was other off the map Snowdon trees. Low rider was a little sketchy for my taste, but still doable. Squeeze Play trees to Timberline park runs (too many to count) when all the kiddies were in having lunch. Before lunchtime Ram's Head was packed. Only wait for a lift was around 10:30 @ Ram's head. Other than that, ride up to the chairs all day long. Frigid temps in the morning, sunny and moderate by the afternoon. Rode from 8 til 2. Stuck to K1-Snowdon-Ram's Head area, between those three I couldn't leave! Great day, again!!

first run, untracked vagabond with 3-6" of freshies!!
untrackedvagabond.jpg

looking up vagabond admiring first trax
vagabond1sttrax.jpg

north star
Northstar-1.jpg

low rider (i think, could be patsy's)
lowrider.jpg

groomed chute, carved up pow on mouse trap
DSC01227.jpg

more pix to follow in a couple minutes!

danny p

groomed chute/mouse trap fresh pow