• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/26 - 2/27 Storm Discussion Thread

Zand

About an inch here and the temps have dropped 2 degrees over the last hour or two. Snowing hard right now, we just had some huge flakes a few minutes ago but now they're normal again.

I still don't know what to expect down here for this one.

Greg

Staff member
NOAA is now calling for 3-6" at elevation as far south as the Litchfield hills. Maybe we'll get a nice surprise out of this one...

Zand

^Nah, just a lot of sleet. ;)

Still coming down real good here. Wachusett may turn out to be pretty nice tomorrow based on the way the changeover now looks to take its sweet time.

WJenness

Just got this in an email from Sunday River:
08-02-26_forecast.jpg

I wish I could get out of work for the rest of the week and that I wasn't sick...

-w

Zand

It's an NECN map, but it's dead wrong for MA. The 3" line should almost be down to the MA/CT border. And it also seems to be way too low for most of VT and NH. Never thought I'd get myself to say that NECN is forecasting too low.

drjeff

Who generates this for them? It seems a bit biased for Northern Maine compared to other Northern New England snow fall prediction maps I've seen today.

No way, Sunday River/Boyne posting a snowfall map that has SR and Sugarloaf as the big winners :rolleyes: :)

WJenness

Still snowing decently here in Chelmsford, MA... roads are quite slushy... driveway probably has 1/2" on it...

-w

Justin10

A pretty moderate snowfall here in plymouth, NH right now. Looks like 2 or 3" on the ground right now and still a long ways to go. I'm hearing stuff about a pretty large dry slot forming. Anyone with more experience know if this will be a factor at all?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I keep changing my mind, what to do?! LOL. Nice having choices. At this point, due to driving conditions and ease of travel tomorrow, looks like Jay Wednesday, MRG Saturday, and Cannon Sunday (fixed due to being back in Plymouth at 2pm).

Moderately sticky snow here in Plymouth/Ashland at 8pm. Snowed all day without much accumulation but coming down at about an inch an hour and 2" on the ground so far.

gladerider

anyone around stratton? the current condition at the base according to weather underground is rain and mid station is snow.