• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/26 - 2/27 Storm Discussion Thread

Euler

Just did the first shoveling of the driveway - getting ready to get out of here quick tommorow morning! We have 8 inches so far and no rain yet. The radar shows the rain/snow line getting really close though - my fingers are crossed.

gladerider

Just did the first shoveling of the driveway - getting ready to get out of here quick tommorow morning! We have 8 inches so far and no rain yet. The radar shows the rain/snow line getting really close though - my fingers are crossed.

hey Euler, are you above or below stratton? i am getting a conflicting weather report for stratton. one says rain and another says snow.

Greg

Staff member
Looking like this thing just fell apart across much of Vermont:

hfd_None_anim.gif

WTF? Tell me we're not looking at a big fat BUST?!? :blink:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Total snow in Northfield right now 6 inches and still moderate snow. Consistancy is 1 inch edgeable wet with 5 inches fuff. Still snowing moderately. I expect a lull, then a ramp up of lake intesified mid day tomorrow.
6 in town means a foot on the hill.
total snow accumulation for the storm will be thursday morning. I think they're right for us so far.
http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php
BACKSIDE!

Last edited:

2knees

i think we have a bust. magic was reporting 4" as of 4:30. hopefully they picked up 4 more since then. the shit base will still be felt most likely.

damn damn damn

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was my understanding that the heavy accumulation was going to arrive over night and that Wednesday day, would produce more than Tuesday. It's only 10:45.....Christmas eve like for me right now. Time for bed, 3 inches on the ground, we shall see what the morning and day snow brings

night all

gladerider

I'm south of Stratton. Very close to Mount Snow in Jacksonville.

i guess the weather wunderground isn't so accurate after all.....

8" with no NCP sounds excellent......looks like will be up in stratton this weekend.....although the pow may not last that long.....

would appreciate your ongoing updates...

thanks Euler

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i am soooo divided on this one. on the one hand i don't want it to snow at all because we have a grand opening next wensday so i am on nyc lockdown till next tuesday. however i have had a buch of powder days this year and hope everyone can get some. its driving me mad as well as all the people on the job site. at least i have 10 days to go somewhere after the 5th.

Greg

Staff member
i think we have a bust. magic was reporting 4" as of 4:30. hopefully they picked up 4 more since then. the shit base will still be felt most likely.

damn damn damn

Magic reports 10" at the base this morning.

danny p

still seems to be quite a bit of blue on the intellicast radar, hopefully it stays that way all day!! Either way, I'm sure its gonna be great today and/or tomorrow!

Euler

My unofficial, non-scientific method of plunging my kids ruler into the snow on an unshovelled sidewalk until it hits something hard yields a snowfall measurement of 11" so far. 1 to 3 more expected today. Looks like the rain never happened!!

Got to go....get the kids dressed....drive 20 minutes...and SKI :grin: !!