• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/26 - 2/27 Storm Discussion Thread

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yep...we are happy with 8, but it is not the 16 that was forecast. Things slowed down last night and this morning.....

Greg

Staff member
It seems like Northern NNE fell short of the forecast totals, but SoVT totals seem to be right within the ranges that were forecast. As skiers, I think we focus too much on the upper end of the range too much...

Zand

Here in central MA, we made a net gain even with the few hours of rain. Every little bit of base counts from here on out...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
MRG reported accurately for the most part, but wind moved snow fairly significantly. Skiable conditions 6"-15".

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
MRG reported accurately for the most part, but wind moved snow fairly significantly. Skiable conditions 6"-15".

I think it's that they were saying 15-25 before the storm started and we focused on that upper amount. I was certainly happy with the snow at Bolton today. It was only a disappointment if you thought you were getting 2+ feet. As a good little dump, it was very nice.

nelsapbm

It's still snowing at my house....looking at the radar it seems as if a little upslope and/or lake effect has set up. Not snowing hard, but definately an inch or two more since I got home from work around 5:30. The radar doesnt seem to show snow in the mountains...is the radar not picking it up?