• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 2/22/2008

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Friday Feb 22nd 9-2

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: No wind but cold with snow.....Loose pow with some scrape

Trip Report: Started out on the Sonwdon quad and took a few runs on Vagabond and North Star. Just ok with some loose pow but very hard underneath.

Headed over to the glades to see if it was better. Not much, Powerline was groomed out so I headed over to Lower East Fall....Very nice. Once at the bottom I noticed they were blowing the snot out of Double Dipper. Jumped on the Canyon Quad and found DD to be very good but the snow was a bit heavy....Not that natural pow. On canyon quad I noticed Big Dipper had a bunch of people on it so I decided to head over. This trail is very MRG worthy and my favorite trail at Killington....It skied a bit firm but REALLY fun...Did that twice.

Next up was Escapaed to Flume, fun trails with good snow. Headed back to the condo at 2 so I could take my little one over to the magic carpet where she is finally skiing in the wedge!!! Good day not great snow I would give it a C.

Sorry no pics left the camera in the car