• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain 2.24

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I left the A at 6:40AM and it was 15 degrees in my neighborhood. The temperature dropped to 11 degrees by the time I hit Sheetz. I got gas, water and peanut Eminems then proceeded to the mountain. At the upper entrance it was 17 degrees and it was 14 degrees at the base..mad inversion yo. At 7:10AM there were already several dozen cars in the lower lots and I had a feeling it would get really crowded. I was first in line to be scanned in..clicked into my waxed, sharpened, and repaired Elans and sprinted over to the 6-pack and I was first chair and there were 4 empty chairs behind me.

First run was a freshly groomed challenge and wow..the snow was so nice and alot faster and dryer than yesterday..Second run was down Razors and that was sa-weet as well..Then a run down Switchback which was the bomb deezy..Then a run down Sidewinder for even more fresh cord. I then rode the lift with BMTroublemaker who I saw later on skiing down Razors Switch. I skied a run down Paradise and actually passed a ski patroller on a snowmobile..then at the last turn I had to stop because they were regrooming the one side of Paradise. The patroller on the snowmobile caught up to me and gave me a verbal warning and mentioned that there is a slow skiing "Sign"..It reminded me of two songs...Sign Sign EveryWhere a Sign by the Five Man Electrical Band..."The Sign says Long Haired Freaky People Need Not Apply"....and the Ace of Base song..."The Sign"..O.K. back to the skiing..

By 8:30AM there were already liftlines on the quad and the 6-pack..Bright Sunshine, good ski conditions and a recent winter storm brought out all the Tom, Dick and Harrys. Straight skis, One Piece ski suits, fanny packs, ear-muffs, neon, ski totes and even a guy skiing in a full animal mascot outfit who was a competitor in todays Sunday School rail jam. Challenge was closed for the race team and Razors was so crowded and my last run on Razors..there must have been 60 people on the run. By 9:00AM the liftline guy was orgnanizing the people in the 6-pack corral and the lift stopped a number of times due to the goobers. I ended my session with a couple laps down Crazy Mile and a final run down Burma and then back to the lower lot. At 10:00AM when I was making my last lap..both the quad and the 6-pack had full corrals with the singles line well outside the corral..The Vista chair had a long line and the Main Street/Burma chairs had half full corrals. When I left cars and busses were streaming into the lower lot and it looked like the lot was just about full. Cars from New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Deleware, and of course PA were there. Today could definitely end up being one of the busiest days of the season. I managed 16 runs in my 2.5 hour session including 12 from the six-pack and 4 from the quad.

When I left the temperature was around 30 degrees and the snow near the base was just starting to get sticky..The late February sun is uber strong..I wanted to stop at the Blue Mountain Drive Inn but the lot was jam packed so I went to the Hi-Way family restaurant in Laurys Station instead for a Steezesteak Omelatte..Now the temperature is above freezing and the snow is starting to melt. It was a fun day out there but if would have been better if I had some PASRs to ski with..oh well..a true Trifecta today...Sunshine, good conditions, and early runs....woo Hoo

ERJ-145CA

Well Steeze, I was at Blue for the first time last week and it was the best Pocono skiing I have had, I'll definitely be going back, hopefully a couple more times this season. When do they usually close for the season?

Well Steeze, I was at Blue for the first time last week and it was the best Pocono skiing I have had, I'll definitely be going back, hopefully a couple more times this season. When do they usually close for the season?

Last year was April 1st. As long as they get good business in March, they should make April..Blue is only 18 miles from my apartment and work so it's definitely convenient.