• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Sunapee

Puck it

Read it. It says the Sun Bowl lift which either a triple or double was replaced with the quad that came from Okemo in 1998. It was completely replaced. I have skied there since 2000 and it has been there since then.

Last edited:

jack97

Read it. It says the Sun Bowl lift which either a triple or double was replaced with the quad that came from Okemo in 1998. It was completely replaced. I have skied there since 2000 and it has been there since then.

Yep, I stand corrected again. I just found Jonni web page and it shows a picture of the quad over at lift line. Must be getting confused with the triple that services the bumps on goose.... it is a triple right?

Damn getting old really sucks!

SnowRider

Puck it is right. Thats been a quad for while now. I remeber going in 2004 and it was a quad then. It certaintly is older than 2 years because 2 years ago i spent every weekend thier with my friends.

jack97

Puck it is right. Thats been a quad for while now. I remeber going in 2004 and it was a quad then. It certaintly is older than 2 years because 2 years ago i spent every weekend thier with my friends.

Yeah, my bad. Must be getting confuse with the triple that takes me to goose. The bump trails are the only things I hit. But they have been opening up the glades lately, had some nice runs on them.

SnowRider

Cataract Glades are real nice...they trimmed them down this summer. Lower Ridge glades are fun too. Yeah Sunapee useally has some decent bump runs. Mainly Goose Bumps but Liftline and some scattered others are good.

powbmps

They seeded Flying Goose today. Bumps should shape up nice with this new snow. After skiing Lift Line yesterday I can see why they groomed the Goose. Nasty blue ice on the backsides. Impressed they've kept the glades open. Little pockets of soft snow in the limited areas where the trees are tight. Should be good Wednesday. Showing 100% open.

My buddy doesn't like skiing when it's snowing. He's waiting for Thursday. WTF? Guess I'm going solo. Anyone going to be there?

jack97

They seeded Flying Goose today. Bumps should shape up nice with this new snow. After skiing Lift Line yesterday I can see why they groomed the Goose. Nasty blue ice on the backsides. Impressed they've kept the glades open. Little pockets of soft snow in the limited areas where the trees are tight. Should be good Wednesday. Showing 100% open.

My buddy doesn't like skiing when it's snowing. He's waiting for Thursday. WTF? Guess I'm going solo. Anyone going to be there?

That is fantastic news about goose! I'll definitely be there this w/e, make some nice lines for me powbmps.

And yeah, Lift Line was brutal this past Sunday, not only was the backside iced, some troughs had ice while others had loose stuff over ice. On second you think you have the edge engage then it slips from under you...just nasty.

loafer89

My last visit to Mount Sunapee prior to this one was on January 20th, 1997 and the mountain looked quite a bit different than today on the trail map and the Snowbowl had a double chair (painted green with wooden slats):

SunapeeMap.jpg

powbmps

That is a cool map. Things have changed a bit since then.

I was up there today. The Sunbowl wasn't the place to be. Hawes Hideout and Sunrise Glade (both in the Sunbowl) were really windblown and scratchy. The bumps on Lift Line were crappy. Even 10" of fresh can't hide the blue ice and deep troughs. I heard that Cataract Glades were nice, but I didn't get the chance to check them out.

The front side was a different story. The Summit Glades were great. Hitting those and then heading to the second Dare Ya entrance made for some nice runs. No lines and you can keep riding the high speed lift.

The bumps on the Goose should be excellent for a while. They were seeded just before the latest storm so there is no ice and no nasty troughs. Barely even tracked up. They were even re-seeding the short stretch of bumps on Chipmunk around lunch time. Awesome snow today!