• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot Advice

2knees

I'd recommend visiting Alpine Haus in Wethersfield or Competitive Edge Ski & Bike in East Longmeadow, Holyoke or Hadley, MA to see if they can find a boot for you. Maybe it will be the same models you're looking at but at least you'll know then that these are the right ones for you after trying on others.

BTW, I went to Alpine Haus yesterday & picked up some new boots for myself. I was very pleased with their service & knowledge of how to do a proper boot fitting. These guys know what their doing & I could tell that right away. Plus, they only charge $120 for a custom footbed if you buy the boots from them. These normally run anywhere from $150-200 so its a good savings.

Alpine Haus is my shop! I live about 1 mile from there. Glad to hear you got good service from the boot fitter because I was thinking of going there soon. Looks like most everything is 30% off right now.

Paul

Alpine Haus is my shop! I live about 1 mile from there. Glad to hear you got good service from the boot fitter because I was thinking of going there soon. Looks like most everything is 30% off right now.

I didn't realize you were so close. Wethersfield, or Rotten Hill?

Its my shop as well. Dusty, Sam and Tom are really good with the boots. I'm sure some of the others are as well, but they're the guys the wife and I have dealt with, boot-wise. Eric made my footbeds, but I haven't seen him in a long while...

2knees

I didn't realize you were so close. Wethersfield, or Rotten Hill?

Its my shop as well. Dusty, Sam and Tom are really good with the boots. I'm sure some of the others are as well, but they're the guys the wife and I have dealt with, boot-wise. Eric made my footbeds, but I haven't seen him in a long while...

Wethersfield. Old Wethersfied to be exact. I like to differentiate myself from the rest of the town. :smile:

madskier6

Yep. I had a very good experience. Sam did the bootfitting with me & he was very knowledgeable & helpful. I'll be going back on Saturday to do the custom footbed thing. I already spent almost 2 hours at the shop deciding on the best boot & I didn't have anymore time. Plus, it would have meant I had to leave my boots for a day or so for them to complete the process. That wasn't going to work for me because I want to use the new boots tomorrow on a powder day (hopefully). I picked up a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 10s at 30% off. Good prices right now.

Paul

Wethersfield. Old Wethersfied to be exact. I like to differentiate myself from the rest of the town. :smile:

Ah... We get that here, with the Middle Haddam elitists. :wink:

I worked with quite a few people from Moldy Wethersfield, used to go and get all blottoed at that bar right in the center, near the FD. Can't think of the name for some insane reason....

2knees

Ah... We get that here, with the Middle Haddam elitists. :wink:

I worked with quite a few people from Moldy Wethersfield, used to go and get all blottoed at that bar right in the center, near the FD. Can't think of the name for some insane reason....

no shit. Its the Olde Town Tavern. I've been banned from there since 1994. My name is still on the wall as someone not to be served!

Paul

Yep. I had a very good experience. Sam did the bootfitting with me & he was very knowledgeable & helpful. I'll be going back on Saturday to do the custom footbed thing. I already spent almost 2 hours at the shop deciding on the best boot & I didn't have anymore time. Plus, it would have meant I had to leave my boots for a day or so for them to complete the process. That wasn't going to work for me because I want to use the new boots tomorrow on a powder day (hopefully). I picked up a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 10s at 30% off. Good prices right now.

Nice! Yeah, we hit the Prez Day special and my wife got a pair of Technica Attivas for under $200.
Sam is a really good guy.

Hell, I got my Vento 10s there last year for just over $200.

Paul

no shit. Its the Olde Town Tavern. I've been banned from there since 1994. My name is still on the wall as someone not to be served!

D'OH!!!! That's it. No idea why I was drawing a blank on that...

Got thrown out twice myself, would've been around '95-''96 ish.

Greg

Staff member

Alpine Haus is just about the only semi-legit ski shop in central CT. My feeling at the time was that while they are an ABB shop, the techs only had limited experience. That was a few years ago so they've probably improved. They also did Superfeet foot beds which I didn't like. InstaPrints are better by a mile. Request those if they do them.

madskier6

Alpine Haus is just about the only semi-legit ski shop in central CT. My feeling at the time was that while they are an ABB shop, the techs only had limited experience. That was a few years ago so they've probably improved. They also did Superfeet foot beds which I didn't like. InstaPrints are better by a mile. Request those if they do them.

InstaPrints is what Sam pulled out yesterday to do my footbeds. They must have wised up!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Well she'll need new boots then anyway. Womens feet change a lot during pregnancy.
YUP. After 2 pregnancies, my boots aren't right at all. Can't buckle the feet at all; the shins barely. So that is a legitimate consideration if there is any chance of pregnancy in the next several years. The boots probably won't be fit after it, unfortunately.

wa-loaf

Baby Marge:

preg.png

Greg

Staff member
I wonder if the baby will grow up to be a storm trooper or a ninja?

885307-main.jpg

babyninja.jpg