• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke: Feb. 24, 2008

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: February 24, 2008

Resort or Ski Area: Burke Mountain

Conditions: Great MG.

Weather: BLUEBIRD day with temps in the 20's.

2007-2008 Report # : 38

Trip Report: Repeat yesterday, but add MUCH better conditions from great grooming and great weather. It was a stellar day. Sorry folks, the digital heat ran out of juice as the day went on....

We skied Dippers first. Danny showed up for a rare Sunday visit...he missed the WM crew, but the paparazzi was not deterred despite his attempts to derail things by crashing into my pole:

danny_fool.JPG

The original trailboss enjoys that grooming:

tim.JPG

We hit Powderhorn. Wow. Amazing. We were all stoked. Carriage Road was great as well. We also hit the west side and cut over McHarg's Cutoff (well, some of us did...) to find great untracked grooming.

East Bowl was nice...amazing actually...

east_bowl_21.JPG

That view is just awesome:

IMG_0849.JPG

We were having a blast....only a short stop before hitting the slopes again. The original trailboss was in a hurry to shopping and did not even wait for us on East Bowl :blink:

During one of the spins down Powderhorn I tried the bumps on Wilderness. Yikes! :eek: Some glass in between the bumps, some good snow in other places (I had not gone into the bumps on Saturday...). So I avoided the trees and bumps today...but still had fun.

The crew loved the sun on Dippers....I jumped into Dipper Doodle and found some good grooming. No crowds at all. Mary and I hit Upper Fox's to Meadows and Darling Point over to McHarg's. Willoughby, again, was very rough and icy. McHarg's was nice. The groomers delivered some good stuff today and the snow held up MUCH better than on Saturday. I stayed until 3:15 hitting Powderhorn, East Bowl three more times, Carriage Road, Camper's Carry, and pretty much any upper mountain run that had been groomed (not Mountain Marsh). Very good stuff...and it was a stellar day. Who could complain?

The gallery.