• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Xanadu = ultimate ski shop location?

Dr Skimeister

not to nair on anyone's parade here, but I can't believe any of us are considering supporting this place. It the antithesis of everything skiers should stand for. The environmental damage done by this place will be immense. Cooling a palce that size, making snow, all in Mid-Atlantic summer heat? It makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree-this project is the polar opposite of what I strive for in skiing. The idea of artificial skiing, smack dab in the middle of one of the ugliest parts of NJ is offensive to me. The environmental impact necessary to have off-season turns with the masses of asses will never be worth it to me.

The carpet skiing doesn't appeal to me as much as a snowdome..there are lots of summer railjams on carpets..

jaywbigred

I live about 45 minutes and work about 20 minutes away from Xanadu. I am not sure the skidome, or the project in general, is something i want to support. That being said, I will probably check it out.

Anyone know when it is slated to open? And where did the "they will have bumps" rumor start? THAT might make it worth it to me, if for nothing other than conditioning purposes.

I live about 45 minutes and work about 20 minutes away from Xanadu. I am not sure the skidome, or the project in general, is something i want to support. That being said, I will probably check it out.

Anyone know when it is slated to open? And where did the "they will have bumps" rumor start? THAT might make it worth it to me, if for nothing other than conditioning purposes.

I've heard late summer or early fall..anything before September first officially counts as days for the 07-08 ski season..

Wow indoor bumps..that would be sweet. I imagine skiing Xanadu..maybe 10-15 days per off-season for mini ski fixes..