• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Official 2/29-3/1 Clipper Discussion Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
We are going to have to hightail it out of here tonight for skiing at Sunday River this weekend. Originally I wanted to leave early on saturday but with a Heavy Snow Warning up from the NWS for my county travel on saturday will be harsh.

Yeah, not looking forward to the drive to Black tomorrow morning. A normal 1:45 will probably take 3 hours +. Looks like the drive starts at 5:30 instead of 6:30.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We are going to have to hightail it out of here tonight for skiing at Sunday River this weekend. Originally I wanted to leave early on saturday but with a Heavy Snow Warning up from the NWS for my county travel on saturday will be harsh.
kinda strange/ nws predicted heavy snow on Tuesday eve. I drove up, expecting the worst, and it was nothing but light to occasionally moderate snow. I lost no time in transit.

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like we could get 6-12" out of this in CT from the report I just read. I'll have to make sure I bring my skis with me to work tomorrow and get a few runs in before heading home!

loafer89

kinda strange/ nws predicted heavy snow on Tuesday eve. I drove up, expecting the worst, and it was nothing but light to occasionally moderate snow. I lost no time in transit.

I have done the drive to Sunday River many times in snow, but the drive for me is 4 hours + and to do it on a saturday, then ski and drive home the next day is a bit much if the weather is bad.

dmc

Forecast for Hunter

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM
EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW
WARNING FOR THE SACANDAGA REGION...LAKE GEORGE SARATOGA
REGION...EASTERN CATSKILLS AND NORTHERN LITCHFIELD HILLS...WHICH
IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST SATURDAY.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE
WARNING AREA FROM THIS EVENING INTO SATURDAY AFTERNOON...WITH THE
HIGHEST ACCUMULATIONS OCCURRING AT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1500 FEET. SNOW
WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS EVENING...AND BECOME HEAVY AT
TIMES OVERNIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TAPER
OFF LATE SATURDAY.

kingslug

Unreal......I'm leaving for Tahoe Saturday, hope no delays......where they haven't goten or are expecting any new snow. Not that I'm going to compare the areas but still. I keep missing these storms!!!!

SKIQUATTRO

Excellent, we'll stop in grab and beer and check it out.....how you think the crowds will be there on Sunday?

ta&idaho

Unreal......I'm leaving for Tahoe Saturday, hope no delays......where they haven't goten or are expecting any new snow. Not that I'm going to compare the areas but still. I keep missing these storms!!!!

They got a good two feet earlier this week, they might get a bit more tomorrow, and then the forecast is sunny and 40 starting Sunday. Trust me, you'll have a great time...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Southern NE in the bulls eye...

let's hear it for southern NE. where ya gonna be. I'll be living vicarious thru you....I want pics!

2knees

replacing my upstairs toilet. :roll:

seriously.

although i'm holding out slim hopes for a magic sunday or sundown bumps sunday night.

Zand

I'll be skiing in the heart of the storm. Heavy snow warning 10 PM to 12 PM tomorrow and 8-12" forecasted for northern Worcester county. 24 HOUR POWDER NIGHT

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll be skiing in the heart of the storm. Heavy snow warning 10 PM to 12 PM tomorrow and 8-12" forecasted for northern Worcester county. 24 HOUR POWDER NIGHT

10PM - 12PM Tomorrow???? Don't you mean AM? Or has the storm slowed up and is arriving later. I hope not. Hope it snows like a bastard over night and into the morning as I'll be at Black at 8am tomorrow.

kingslug

They got a good two feet earlier this week, they might get a bit more tomorrow, and then the forecast is sunny and 40 starting Sunday. Trust me, you'll have a great time...

I'll have a good time for sure, but my powder days have been few and far between. A couple of day early season at Hunter then 2 days in Utah...and thats it. Well BC had 4 or 5 inches here and there but that "powder...light".

SKIQUATTRO

12AM is Midnight
12PM is Noon

for those who werent in class the day they taught "TIME"