• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Official 2/29-3/1 Clipper Discussion Thread

I can't wait for tomorrow morning at Blue..Pocono powder is so rare..Clouds are moving in and snow is on the way..we have a snow advisory..woo hoo

frozencorn

Boy, I was going to head up to Wildcat from Boston in the AM on Saturday, but from the sounds of it, while it might not be too bad getting there, getting back would be a challenge. Plus, if for any reason the winds shut down any lifts....might not be viable. And of course, that would suck.

So, it'll have to wait a day until Sunday. Save me the freshies.

Greg

Staff member
22.5*F and the snow has commenced. 8)

Greg

Staff member
It's snowing here in the A..post your backyard observations..just 1/4 inch here so far..

We're closing in on an inch. Been snowing for 90 mins. Hard to tell at night, but the snow falling by the streetlight suggests a moderate snowfall rate.

The radar looks oh so nice..down here..this is a pretty wet snow at 30 degrees but I'm sure the chutes and bowls of the Poconos are filling in nicely..0

gmcunni

just checkd into motel in Springfield VT. lightly snowing right now. Could not believe the traffic on 91 on the way up.. i think the secret is out :)

Euler

Just shoveled. 7 or 8 inches of DRY powder here and still coming down at a good clip. Time to wake up the family for some breakfast and more powder skiing!:grin:

Greg

Staff member
32.5*F, about 6"+ and dumping big fat flakes!

SKIQUATTRO

just a coating here on LI....turned over to rain early this am....temps are rising...

Greg

Staff member
Yep. 33.3 here and the snow is now light. Luckily it looks like it will end before any unfrozen precip falls.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
6 inches in Northfield and snowing. More then expected, and almost as much as the "Blizzard" that just came thru last week. Going out back. Should have about 12+" in the glades out back.