• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2/27/08

Zand

Date(s) Skied: Wednesday Night 2/27/08

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: Death cookies. Everywhere.

Trip Report:

One of my worst trips to far this season tonight. Even worse than the night me and Austin were there 2 weeks ago. Won't bore you too much, so here's the trail-by-trail:

Conifer: Golf balls on the side and scraped in the middle. Still probably the best trail from the top, but that's not saying much.

10th: Golf balls, death cookies, death trap for that matter. It was either 3" deep death cookies or scraped off. The bumps had decent lines but were just frozen solid and I couldn't even make it past 3 or 4 without messing up.

Smith: Very scraped early, didn't even bother hitting it later on. Not as many cookies as 10th, but still a lot. Polar Express was in full speed with a short line early, then ski on after 6.

Look Ma: Took 2 runs through the park which was full of idiots. Everything is still the same except for the now missing C-Box. The halfpipe is so damn small after coming back from Mount Snow and it currently has grooves cemented into the walls. Minuteman had lines up to 5 minutes in full speed.

Well, that's all I have for this one. Only skied 1:45. I'll be back Friday 4 PM to 8 AM and then Okemo next Friday.

Bostonian

It wasn't too bad towards the end of the night when some light snow was coating the trails. Though I did take a magnificent face plant after taking a small jump in the park the wrong way. And the drive back to Boston was fun too with the blowing and drifting snow.