• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 2/27/08

reefer

Brief report. Just got back from Magic. They are in excellent shape. If anyone is wavering on going tomorrow, there is plenty of broken up powder and even some freshy still there. It's a can't miss tomorrow!
I will elaborate more and post some pictures in the morning. You have to trust me on this! They got 10" which skied like 20". The only time you hit a little scrape was on the steeps (cliffs, waterfalls) on Red Line and Black Line. Otherwise it was truly unbeleivable. They only had two trails groomed! There were maybe 100 people there so we left plenty!
Powder day at Magic - $75.00 for four of us today! Long live Magic!
I'll probably be back there Saturday it's so good.

Adding pictures. Guess I don't have much more to say. Magic Rocks!

Last edited:

reefer

What I am is exhausted...............noticed and fixed it here, thanks. Maybe a mod can help me out here......stupid computer............how dyslexic is that

Last edited:

MR. evil

Thanks for the report, Marge and I are heading up on Friday. Sounds like it will be great!

reefer

........and a few more pics...............

plus "reefer junior" (don't tell him I said that, on right in pic) made a cameo. It was pretty much his first day in powder and he did unbeleivable. Must have been the coaching, or genes....................

Last edited:

gmcunni

Thanks for the report, Marge and I are heading up on Friday. Sounds like it will be great!

please post a tr friday night (or if you don't mind send me PM).

i'm looking for a place to hit on Saturday and Magic is on the top of my list but really want to know what conditions are like. Reefer's report sounds great but if it gets skied off/blown off before saturday i may go further north.

TIA!! :grin:

Last edited:

reefer

That snow isn't going anywhere, it is solid so I don't think the wind will blow it much, and I don't expect many people there today or tomorrow.................... and another 6" Friday Night..... you're golden!

djspookman

nice TR and pics!

looks like a lot has filled in since I was up there saturday.. this is goooood!

I'm cutting out of work early tomorrow to hit it on the tele sumos in the afternoon, and will be up there Saturday as well, and I can't wait!!!!

dave