• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Crotch: 2/28/2008

sledhaulingmedic

Sorry for no pix. I headed up for patrol duty oblivious to what they've gotten for snow.

In a word, Wow.

Most on the map was groomed in the usual impecable Crotched style. Skiers' right on Pluto's was left ungroomed and is bumping up nice. The unnamed trails, glades and off-map were the best I've skied since the '80's. Tomorrow's storm will be icing on the cake.

This weekend will be prime. Enjoy it for me. I'm working.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stoke from Crotch

Great timing.....So I getz this email from Crotch this afternoon. It's the most stoke-filled, honest-to-the-max, euphoric report, entitled, "Epic Snowfall" It deserves to be posted:

"Dear fellow snow fanatic --

I thought I'd take a week off from the usual email format and use this opportunity to write a letter instead.

What makes for such a special occasion? Incredible amounts of snow, that's what!

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this winter is. Are you sick of shoveling your driveway? Forget about it and come play instead.

Right now, we are riding in some of the most epic conditions in what will ultimately be a season for the history books. Trails, glades, secret stashes... all of it. A good friend came to me the other day and commented, "You are about 190% open right now", and he wasn't kidding.
It's that good.

6" of snow came our way last weekend. Another 8" came down Tuesday night... and completing the trifecta, another 3" of very light powder dropped out of the sky last night. That's 17" so far in the past 6 days.
The forecast is calling for another 4-8" Friday night into Saturday morning.

You've probably seen on the news that southern New Hampshire is approaching a snowfall record. The official record measured in Concord is 122". Right now, the total is 102" ... 20" away from uncharted territory and good times. I say, bring it on! That record is begging to be broken.

If you can at all make it happen, brush off your car Saturday morning and get out to play in the snow. I'd love to see you all here enjoying this great beautiful thing here at Crotched Mountain.

Best regards,

--Chris Bradford, GM
Crotched Mountain Ski & Ride
:snow: