• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

February was a miserable month

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
You lived in Northern Vermont, you'd go crazy if you had that kind of attitude. I just realized this morning that we still have three months of cold/snow/rain until we get spring-like weather up here. If I was a weather moaner like so many people in the Northeast, I'd be looking for real estate in Florida right about now.

Mildcat

It's been so miserable I had to take a couple of days off to let my legs rest.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Another uplifting article by the Boston Globe. This is just more reason why I don't read that paper.... :roll:

loafer89

All I know is that some of the lifelong residents that we came across in Rumford Center, Maine are starting to get a bit tired of the constant snowfall and even more so of the expense of removing it.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
They are all so miserable because they live on that snow-rain line where all that is left is crap. If they would get out of town and go somewhere they could have a little fun. Oh, I forgot, the weather is toooo dannngerrrroussss to travel. People are dumbstruck when I say I moved to New England for the weather, access the mountains, lakes, ocean and the snow.

Loafer89 - I lived in some snow belts where we grew tired of the PITA that snow causes on routine life. However, I chose to look at the other side of the coin, all the goodness it can bring.

does boston.com have a weather blog we can go spam?

When I lived in Montana..locals bitched about the cold and snow..and the fact that it's sometimes below zero with snow on Halloween and snows until May in the valleys...If I hated cold weather..I'd move to Florida or Hawaii..and never pay a heating bill..

loafer89

They are all so miserable because they live on that snow-rain line where all that is left is crap. If they would get out of town and go somewhere they could have a little fun. Oh, I forgot, the weather is toooo dannngerrrroussss to travel. People are dumbstruck when I say I moved to New England for the weather, access the mountains, lakes, ocean and the snow.

Loafer89 - I lived in some snow belts where we grew tired of the PITA that snow causes on routine life. However, I chose to look at the other side of the coin, all the goodness it can bring.

does boston.com have a weather blog we can go spam?

Personally I think the amount of snow in Maine has bypassed too much and marched right on torwards overwhelming.:razz: There must be 3' on the level in Rumford and we still have the snowiest month of March still ahead. It's cool to look at but I am happy I do not have that much snow at home.

kingdom-tele

just getting back from a trip over to rangeley and carrabassett valley, the snow is deeeep, but the depth in N NH through dixville notch and errol was disturbing, those people have a right to bitch and moan, although I doubt they do, we saw homes with first floor windows buried and a tunnel coming off the front porch, the restburied from roof top snow coming off, camps that weren't dug out had over 5' on the roof, rte 16 was a 1 1/2 lane road, more like a tunnel, it won;t be spring there for a while

loafer89

just getting back from a trip over to rangeley and carrabassett valley, the snow is deeeep, but the depth in N NH through dixville notch and errol was disturbing, those people have a right to bitch and moan, although I doubt they do, we saw homes with first floor windows buried and a tunnel coming off the front porch, the restburied from roof top snow coming off, camps that weren't dug out had over 5' on the roof, rte 16 was a 1 1/2 lane road, more like a tunnel, it won;t be spring there for a while

We took the route 16 route on February 16th on a day trip from Gorham to Saddleback and Errol had very deep snowcover at that point, I can only imagine what it must look like now.