Adding Pics

AlpineZone

Thread: Adding Pics

Adding Pics

Need a bit of guidance. I only know how to add pics, which turn up as thumbnails as an attachment. To actually add the pics into the dialogue of a trip report, do I have to host them some where, say image shack? Also, if anyone knows of a good free software program for editing photos I'd appreciate it. I have adobe photoshop and its a PITA if you ask me. I need ONE function, to reduce the size of the photos as when I upload them direct from my camera they show up HUGE.

Couple of pointers would be appreicated.

You just need to post them in the gallery and then you can link to them in your report. It automatically give you the url.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I use photobucket.com for hosting. I believe you can resize them there.

http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_130.html
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

As said above, upload them to the AZ gallery. I believe they'll be automatically resized when you upload them if they're too big, but it's always a good idea to do it ahead of time since the bigger pictures will take longer to upload and use up more bandwidth and server resources. For resizing you can give irfanview a try. It's free, works well, and is pretty simple to use IMHO.
    Brian

Ok, here goes again. Left to right: Cat Brook, Onteora, Yahoo, Seneca, and the cliff under Tomahawk.

Whoops- I'll see if I can move this over to TR thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Need a bit of guidance. I only know how to add pics, which turn up as thumbnails as an attachment. To actually add the pics into the dialogue of a trip report, do I have to host them some where, say image shack? Also, if anyone knows of a good free software program for editing photos I'd appreciate it. I have adobe photoshop and its a PITA if you ask me. I need ONE function, to reduce the size of the photos as when I upload them direct from my camera they show up HUGE.

Couple of pointers would be appreicated.
    lol
    Last edited by skime; May 7, 2011 at 6:54 AM.

Thread Information