• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Adding Pics

deadheadskier

Staff member
Need a bit of guidance. I only know how to add pics, which turn up as thumbnails as an attachment. To actually add the pics into the dialogue of a trip report, do I have to host them some where, say image shack? Also, if anyone knows of a good free software program for editing photos I'd appreciate it. I have adobe photoshop and its a PITA if you ask me. I need ONE function, to reduce the size of the photos as when I upload them direct from my camera they show up HUGE.

Couple of pointers would be appreicated.

wa-loaf

You just need to post them in the gallery and then you can link to them in your report. It automatically give you the url.

bvibert

Staff member
As said above, upload them to the AZ gallery. I believe they'll be automatically resized when you upload them if they're too big, but it's always a good idea to do it ahead of time since the bigger pictures will take longer to upload and use up more bandwidth and server resources. For resizing you can give irfanview a try. It's free, works well, and is pretty simple to use IMHO.

legalskier

Ok, here goes again. Left to right: Cat Brook, Onteora, Yahoo, Seneca, and the cliff under Tomahawk.

skime

Need a bit of guidance. I only know how to add pics, which turn up as thumbnails as an attachment. To actually add the pics into the dialogue of a trip report, do I have to host them some where, say image shack? Also, if anyone knows of a good free software program for editing photos I'd appreciate it. I have adobe photoshop and its a PITA if you ask me. I need ONE function, to reduce the size of the photos as when I upload them direct from my camera they show up HUGE.

Couple of pointers would be appreicated.

lol

Last edited: