• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Adirondack/Catskill Images and TRs

Greg

Staff member
Hello all!

It's time to expand beyond the six states of New England a bit. The most logical place to start is New York with the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains! Please submit your ADK and Catskill trip reports and images and I'll post them on the site. You can also Email your images and TRs to me at contact@alpinezone.com

Thanks!

H

hikergrrl

Great! I look forward to some ADK content - I spend a lot of time there. Will contribute a few images from my site when I get a moment.

Had a neat ADK experience over the weekend. Set out to do Gothics, but was feeling a little under the weather - and it was so darn hot - so just found a nice smooth rock on John's Brook and sunned and snoozed. The mosied leisurely along the other bank of the river (while my friend we attempting the summit) - came across a great surprise. A natural waterslide! Pools and flumes... a couple people going down head first. Wow!
My friends turned back from the summit because it got late... and I relaxed and found a wonderful spot to cool my heels!

L

LyndyS

I'm looking forward to discussion about the Adirondacks. I haven't hiked there in ages, but have been horseback riding there. Everyone I know goes there and finds hidden waterfalls and natural pools.

Greg

Staff member
Yes, please also feel free to discuss the Adirondacks in these message forums too!

Mike P.

I've got a few pictures still on the camera from last Friday's trip on Black Dome, Blackhead & Thomas Cole.

Attachments

• 972.jpg
    972.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 987.jpg
    987.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 990.jpg
    990.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 991.jpg
    991.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 993.jpg
    993.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0

Greg

Staff member
hikergrrl - Thanks for the pix - I've published them here.

Just so everyone knows, I've set up the form to accept up to ten image submissions. If you have more than ten or don't have them published to a Web site, feel free to Email your images as attachments to contact@alpinezone.com

Please include image titles with your submissions. Looking forward to more ADK pix...Keep 'em coming!

H

hikergrrl

10 images? Great!

The form I used only allowed 3, but I have lots more lying about. Will add to the gallery.