• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

late week storm?

Skier75

Oh, well, looks like we're going anyways..... We'll just deal with whatever happens. Even if it's just a get-a-way, it'll be worth it. We found a dog friendly place, so that'll work for us. Radio's saying "wet" snow for the mountains, here' hoping.

tcharron

i'm thinking 9-12" for NVT

But here's the ultimate question..

Where's the snow/R@1# line going to reside..

I actually have high hopes for snow tonight.. It's the second wave coming tommorow during the day that scares the bejesus out of me.. Wish I had a giant mountain sized tarp... :-D

tcharron

Here's the sort of thing he's talking about I suspect.

snow3608.png

Many meterologists are disagreeing, or at least feeling, the models feel wrong. If it tracks further east, that big red ubah snow area could pop right over us. Check out:

http://www.accuweather.com/news-blogs.asp?blog=meteomadness

Good summary.

snow3708.png

Snow lines getting a LITTLE fatter. Now, if everyone in Toronto just blows to the south east....

*Edit: Actually posted the REAL new image,not a dupe of the old one*

SKIQUATTRO

this is a crazy system, more systems are coming together...this is a major weather event and its a blast to watch it come together....i am confident that NVT (Stowe/Smuggs) will make out better than what the accuwx/noaa is leading us to believe

tcharron

this is a crazy system, more systems are coming together...this is a major weather event and its a blast to watch it come together....i am confident that NVT (Stowe/Smuggs) will make out better than what the accuwx/noaa is leading us to believe

It's all going to depend *when* the precipitation falls. Looks like we're going to get belted tonight, when it *might* be cold enough to snow/ice. Then we get a brief reprieve tommorow morning untill early afternoon, then we get wailed on. The later it waits to wail, the more theres a chance it's going to be NOT be R@1#.

SKIQUATTRO

my buddy and I are leaving later tonight and heading north to a destination (dont know where yet) thinking driving straight to Smuggs ( I have a pass) or up to Jay, we have a room in the MRV Sat night so we'll ski MRG or SB on Sunday....either way, no matter what falls we are going....

Most of New England is screwed...40 degrees and raining here in the Lehigh Valley PA..wow this storm is reminding me of Hurricane Ivan..so juicy

my buddy and I are leaving later tonight and heading north to a destination (dont know where yet) thinking driving straight to Smuggs ( I have a pass) or up to Jay, we have a room in the MRV Sat night so we'll ski MRG or SB on Sunday....either way, no matter what falls we are going....

Whiteface or Tremblant look good..

skimore

Whiteface or Tremblant look good..

Yea...whiteface looks good

Tonight: A chance of rain before 7pm, then periods of rain and snow between 7pm and 1am, then periods of snow and sleet after 1am. Low around 26. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Periods of freezing rain and sleet. High near 34. Northeast wind between 6 and 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: Periods of freezing rain and sleet before 1am, then periods of snow. Low around 9. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west between 13 and 16 mph. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible

Warp Daddy

Snowing very hard right now in NNY for past hr . We're supposed to get 8-12 inches by tomorrow nite

-I skied yesterday and today with plenty of base and BTW snowbanks in my driveway still 4 ft high :D

Warp Daddy

Possibly but i think from the Champlain Valley east they were talking about more of a rain, icing snow event on our news tonite . I'm 2 hrs west of that area along the Canadian Border 50 minutes south of Ottawa

SO it really depends on where the freezing rain line is going , luckily we are NORTH of it so far.

Its coming down here pretty good here bout 3 inches so far since 7 pm

It's good packin snow , higher water content but still not bad . HEY I'd go anyway the groomers will chop up any crap

Greg

Staff member
It is freakin' POURING here right now. :smash: