• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

late week storm?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I have reached the conclusion to sit tight Saturday and wait for the Sunday back lash. Radar looks somewhat okay for NoVT right now but it will surely be freezing rain and sleet tomorrow morning and perhaps into the afternoon. C'mon backlash Saturday night!

hiroto

It is freakin' POURING here right now. :smash:

But it looks much better in NVT and NNH now :flag:

hfd.gif

takeahike46er

Whiteface picked up 4-5 inches of wet snow overnight. Hopefully the mountain survives round two. Forecast is for sleet. I can handle that.

Warp Daddy

Just Plowed 6 inches this am more expected --its wet and heavy with more to come mixed with sleet no rain up here . Thursday i skied in DEATH Cakes not Death Cookies in teh am then teh sun broke thru and warmed it up to 36 so the cakes became cookies that you could still rip thru -- Thank You Atomics :D

Warp Daddy

ITS still PUKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! our 8-12 inches is Here NOW

Plowed again for 2 nd time this am . THIS SNOW today IS HERO SNOW really nice pow ! Looking better than it has for many years for great late season skiing Whiteface and Titus gotta be Primo !!

urban07sti

Any update from the MRV or Stowe Area?

Trying to figure out if I want to drive up from Boston tomorrow....thanks!

It's raining at MRG and Stowe based on their webcams..and Accuweather shows 35 degrees and light rain at the Stowe airport..At least it's a cold rain..

campgottagopee

ITS still PUKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! our 8-12 inches is Here NOW

Plowed again for 2 nd time this am . THIS SNOW today IS HERO SNOW really nice pow ! Looking better than it has for many years for great late season skiing Whiteface and Titus gotta be Primo !!

Thanks for the info-----wife out of town---may head up to Whiteface tonight after work. Everything down here is spent, I would dare guess for the rest of the season.

nelsapbm

Too bad the MRV is not on the western side of the Greens...we've seen temps in the 20s all day and sleet/freezing rain. Have a couple inches of sleet on the ground. I imagine sleet is better than rain ;). Drove up to the store to get something this afternoon and the roads were scary. This is coming from someone who loves winter driving!

Warp Daddy

Update &:50 pm STORM still raging have now plowed 4 times , dangerous travel tonite very high winds i'd estimate 18 inches plus have fallen .

MY Ariens 2 stage snowblower CAN NO LONGER THROW the snow over the tops of the Snowbanks( now over 5 ft high i've got standing snow in my yard thats approaching THIGH high I mean its freakin UNREAL out here now

Kinda like the old flick DR. ZIVAGO for those of you old enuf to remember

All travel in 4 counties is severly restricted

SKIQUATTRO

just got back from Smuggs and MRG (report later) Smuggs was decent on Sat, got to MRG this morning and they werent sure if they were even going to open, down trees, and the sinlge froze overnight in mid turn (they kept it running alll night so it wouldnt freeze up, but it did) the crews were on the towers (starting wiht the double) deicing it...winds were wicked, a few guys hiked up and i saw them when they got back down....the only word that they muttered was "BRUTAL" ...with that being said we called it and drove home..luckily we didnt buy a ticket...heard SB was hurting as well...we shoulda shot over to WF

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
This from MRG's web page|:

Well we have certainly had an interesting weather weekend. On Saturday we saw a fair amount of rain followed by freezing rain, significant icing, and then snow overnight. While the rain was pretty voluminous we really didn't lose too much of the snow pack. We have picked up a solid 3-4" so far and it has drifted in nicely and if it continues to snow at this rate we will have some real nice skiing in the morning. Call us Mt. Lucky as it appears we have escaped this "weather event" in suprisingly good shape. We gave the mountain a chance to drain today and the grooming fleet will make the novice and ointermediate terrain most enjoyable for skiing on Monday. The steeper trails and our famous glades will be more variable but should offer some good skiing with some areas being better than others.

Mt. Lucky? Well, considering that a week ago it was looking like this would be a monster snow maker and it had the worst possible track for us, I wouldn't agree with that. However, it's true that the base seems alright. If we can pick up another three or four inches tonight, I might even go skiing tomorrow.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
"some areas being better than others." well, how can you be wrong with a catch-all phrase like that!

there's a chance of sun, and a chance of rain or snow, with a possibility of cloudiness, with the winds either calm or variable. Darkness, followed by lightness. And the sox will win the world series....or....not....