• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

late week storm?

nelsapbm

ya...we had a pretty decent ice storm - not surprised the single froze up!! Power went off last night around 10 and came on around 5 this morning. Had to run up to Burlington to do a couple errands and there were trees snapped everywhere. The back roads were in pretty rough shape, but the main roads were OK.

Greg

Staff member
"some areas being better than others." well, how can you be wrong with a catch-all phrase like that!

I don't think it's meant to be as sneaky as you interpreted it. This time of year, you need to follow the sun and ski the slope aspects that absorb the most of it. Even if it's only barely above freezing, sun makes all the difference on the surface. We are entering the season of the corn cycle...

2knees

this thread needs to die. it is too painful of a reminder of things gone horribly wrong.

SKIQUATTRO

was painful finally getting to MRG for the first time on Sunday, sitting in the lodge, then packing up and heading back to Long Island...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
was painful finally getting to MRG for the first time on Sunday, sitting in the lodge, then packing up and heading back to Long Island...

Reminds me of a "memorable" day at Bretton Woods many years ago. Daytripped there, it was pouring, I mean POURING niar. We spent the morning reading the Sunday paper in the lodge, driving back, finding a nice restaurant on the way and eating like pigs. Not a great Sunday.