• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

late week storm?

SKIQUATTRO

From Accuweather...

Looking past the current storm at the next major storm for the East, a major snow event for the interior Northeast may be shaping up. A low will form midweek in the Gulf and depending on its track, areas from Tennessee to Maine could get snowfall. The heaviest snow for the Northeast will occur if this system moves up the coastline as is suggested. Areas inland may have over a foot of snow while the major cities of the I-95 corridor will have a wintry mix. The AccuWeather.com Winter Weather Center will have the latest throughout this next storm.

Last edited:

mlctvt

Wouldn't that just be awesome especially after last weekends storm! NOAA is also calling for a 60% chance of snow Friday- Saturday for southern VT, saying snow is "likely" .

mlctvt

my Bday is Friday, so it JUST HAS TO SNOW for this weekend!!!!!!

My wife's birthday is Saturday so there's another reason. Plus she hasn't been able to ski since 2/3 due to a knee injury but she may give it a try this weekend.

roark

still a few days out but snow-forecast.com looked better a few hours ago :-x

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
Mr. Burgundy...

MassiveErection.jpg

of course, GSS has no chance with veronica.

SKIQUATTRO

the models really are all over the place, but my gut is that NVT will be hit pretty hard...I'll be Smuggs/MRG this weekend!

SKIQUATTRO

looks like the system is pushing more west, lets hope she shifts more east...

loafer89

Accuweather is forecasting 14" of snow for Bethel, Maine this weekend (more of what they don't need:)) but it looks like it may mix with freezing rain/sleet.

SKIQUATTRO

was just watching the WChannel and they had "GREEN" all the way up into Canada...other models showing 12+" snow for NVT...others showing a mix....I'm prayin'!!!!! just tuned up the Sugar Daddies...

Accuweather is forecasting 14" of snow for Bethel, Maine this weekend (more of what they don't need:)) but it looks like it may mix with freezing rain/sleet.

Of course they need more snow..there's no such thing as too much snow..I hope this becomes like 1816 for Northern New England..the year without a summer..Summer is over-rated..an endless winter would be so sick..

loafer89

Of course they need more snow..there's no such thing as too much snow..I hope this becomes like 1816 for Northern New England..the year without a summer..Summer is over-rated..an endless winter would be so sick..

What Northern New England needs from now into May is normal weather, with I hope no extreme heat or rainfall because the spring thaw is going to be pretty extreme this year.

The NWS is already giving the heads up to people who live close to the Connecicut River to be aware of flooding this spring. This snow is cool to play in but I hope nobody looses their homes or worse this spring due to flooding.

What Northern New England needs from now into May is normal weather, with I hope no extreme heat or rainfall because the spring thaw is going to be pretty extreme this year.

The NWS is already giving the heads up to people who live close to the Connecicut River to be aware of flooding this spring. This snow is cool to play in but I hope nobody looses their homes or worse this spring due to flooding.

I want lots of snowfall all spring..sure there's going to be crazy flooding..but why the heck would someone buy a house along a river???:uzi:

loafer89

I want lots of snowfall all spring..sure there's going to be crazy flooding..but why the heck would someone buy a house along a river???:uzi:

You don't need to live close to a river to be flooded out by snowmelt. If Maine in particular where to get heavy rain in the next few weeks, it's a potential disaster area for alot of people.

You don't need to live close to a river to be flooded out by snowmelt. If Maine in particular where to get heavy rain in the next few weeks, it's a potential disaster area for alot of people.

How deep is the snowpack where you live??? Has it ever been so deep??? I know you guys haven't even had one thaw..

loafer89

My snowpack is nearly all gone and it never really got more than 10-12" deep at any one point. Northern Connecticut was in the "battleground" all winter with I-84 and I-90 being the boundary between rain and frozen stuff this winter and I estimate we had about 65" of snow this winter.

I am seeing my lawn completly bare for the first time since mid-December.

Once you get north of Nashua/Concord in New Hampshiere the snow rapidly deepens to 2-3' on average with 3-5' in Western Maine.

There have been several thaws in New England including a fairly severe one in mid January where Saddleback lost about 50% of their snowpack. If not for that thaw the snowpack would be trully immense.

My snowpack is nearly all gone and it never really got more than 10-12" deep at any one point. Northern Connecticut was in the "battleground" all winter with I-84 and I-90 being the boundary between rain and frozen stuff this winter and I estimate we had about 65" of snow this winter.

I am seeing my lawn completly bare for the first time since mid-December.

Once you get north of Nashua/Concord in New Hampshiere the snow rapidly deepens to 2-3' on average with 3-5' in Western Maine.

There have been several thaws in New England including a fairly severe one in mid January where Saddleback lost about 50% of their snowpack. If not for that thaw the snowpack would be trully immense.

Thanks for all of the info..I googled Maine snowpack and it talked about potential spring flooding. Lets hope the spring flooding holds off until after April 1st-6th visit to Stowe..