• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

XX skiing lincoln woods

LongStep

I’m new to the cross country scene and recently picked up some old rentals from the north Conway area. The skiis are mostly touring skis but we took them out in the local park and seemed to do ok with them with only a bit of minor sticking(hoping some wax will correct that issue.). Is there skiing access in Lincoln woods? I was thinking of heading up toward the camp about 2 or 3 miles into the trail (i think we hiked this trail in May of last year but on the east side of the river which I believe is an old fire road. Ultimately I’m just curious on the conditions after all the rain and if this trail is decent for beginner cross country skiers.

Thanks

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
Yes, people tend to ski the Wilderness Trail and the East Side Road a lot. They make a fine 10 mile loop, crossing at the suspension bridge just past the Bondcliff Trail junction. There's plenty of snow back there, should be good skiing, although current conditions may have iced up.

It's relatively flat terrain, but keep in mind that it's not patrolled and you can easily find yourself over an hour away from any help. Pack accordingly.

LongStep

Yes, people tend to ski the Wilderness Trail and the East Side Road a lot. They make a fine 10 mile loop, crossing at the suspension bridge just past the Bondcliff Trail junction. There's plenty of snow back there, should be good skiing, although current conditions may have iced up.

It's relatively flat terrain, but keep in mind that it's not patrolled and you can easily find yourself over an hour away from any help. Pack accordingly.

thanks apreciate the advice.