• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak - AZ Race Team Finals

skibum9995

It was a tough week for us as a team. Lots of fast old guys wearing spandex We knew we had no chance at a decent finishing place and were there for the free food. Course was pretty straight forward. We finished 2nd on the night if you start at the bottom.

Results
39th - skibum9995
78th - Riverc0il
T-84th - Ga2ski
99th - roark
119th - #1 snowboarder

roark

I stunk, double bronze.

No prizes for top 3 /night this year either.

Dave won a hat.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Can't wait for king of the hill. Twister actually looks like a good race trail if you start at the top instead of at the flats. Glad we were not DFL. I would rather leave with the free swag the losers got than make that walk up to claim the prize. Was pretty close without tree_skier.

After hardly skiing a packed down groomer all season, it was nice feeling the progression as I got my carving legs back under me. Still was not up to form as I was a few years back, but that aspect of my technique package has definitely slipped and I definitely got better every week.

This was my first full season in a NASTAR league and I came away with the impression that some rule changes need to occur to make up for some irregularities and handicapping issues to make things more competitive. Either that or they need to make the race course actually challenging. It is too easy for old farts (no offense tree_skier) to nearly straight line it towards the finish (IMO) and James got better every week but his scores did not show improvement so snowboarders need a bigger point boost.

When was the last time NASTAR updated its handicapping system? I wonder if it is out dated. Modern technology has really allowed older skiers to step up a sizable advantage whereas years ago they would have been a serious disadvantage. Not complaining from a personal perspective, I am satisfied with my own results but overall the system does not seem balanced or competitive.

tree_skier

Leave us old farts alone, we need all the help we can get. Sorry I missed it but I did get to attend a wonderful pot luck and sit through about 1 hour of how great a 0 fer girls basketball team was.