• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much snow do you have in your yard?

ERJ-145CA

0" in my yard, we got a total of 12" this season, 7" of it in one storm. We've had a lot of ra*n though. Very disappointing, at least it got cold early in the season so the local mountains could make snow early unlike last winter.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not much but snowbanks here in Portland. I'm sure it's far different in the mountains even with the rain that was received.

loafer89

I thought St Bernard's were snow lovers. Is that a common misconception?

Hercules is my second male Saint Bernard and both of them where not overly thrilled with snow. He has a long haired coat and thick fur on his feet, when he comes in from the snow, the whole house gets wet. My wife's female Saint is a rescue dog and she is used to living outside and loves the snow.

thetrailboss

Staff member
IMG_1087.JPG

loafer89

The NWS is starting to sneak the mention of heavy snow into my forecast for saturday night. Honestly I truly do not want anymore snow here and I am going to do an anti-snowdance if this keeps up.

Hopefully it's just rain with heavy snow in the mountains, where it's needed for a refresh.

Terry

We've still got about 3-4 feet on the ground after the rain. There have been a lot of roofs that have colapsed in the area the past few weeks! We will probably have some serious flooding when it all melts.

Zand

Nothing left here. Some dirty snowbanks in the bigger parking lots but even my driveway doesn't have a snowbank left.

tjf67

I would need an auger to punch through but I am guessing 1.5 to 2.5 feet. Good snow to CCS on.

Mike P.

None baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This year Southern new England is more Southern than New England. But since it is New England, I'll have to wait another 4-6 weeks to see if that stays true...

drjeff

We are getting a quick coating of snow right now here in Coventry with a heavy snow shower.

Coming home from VT yesterday, the snow/no snow line on I-91 was in the Deerfield/Greenfield area. However as you went North from Greenfield, the depth of the snowpack quickly increases. Basically within about 15 miles of latitude, you go from the occasional plow/drift remnant to a solid 1 to 2+ feet of snowpack. Not a slow transition zone at all.

Based on how deep the snowpack is, AND how water saturated it is, boy do we ever need a SLOW melt this Spring, or else flooding could be really bad this year :( (Not to mention that a slow melt will keep those lifts spinning even longer!)