• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much snow do you have in your yard?

hammer

My north-facing yard still has some snow...looks strange because most of the other homes don't anymore.

I also still have a good pile on one side of my driveway where the snowblower threw the snow.

loafer89

This is my forecast for this week, is this late March?

Tonight

nskc.jpg

Clear

Lo 20°FTuesday

sct.jpg

Increasing
Clouds
Hi 46°FTuesday
Night

nrasn80.jpg

Rain/Snow

Lo 30°FWednesday

rasn40.jpg

Chance
Rain/Snow
Hi 53°FWednesday
Night

nsct.jpg

Partly
Cloudy
Lo 29°FThursday

rasn30.jpg

Chance
Rain/Snow
Hi 47°FThursday
Night

nrasn30.jpg

Chance
Rain/Snow
Lo 31°FFriday

rasn40.jpg

Chance
Rain/Snow
Hi 42°FFriday
Night

mix40.jpg

Wintry
Mix
Lo 24°F

Yuck

drjeff

I cleared away 8 dump carts of limb/stick debris from my yard today, plus as I was cleaning the yard I noticed the first signs of the crocus and daffodil's starting to sprout through the ground in the sunnier exposures of my yard in Northeast CT.

On the flipside when I left my place at Mount Snow on Saturday, the snowbanks lining my walkway(East exposure so it only gets the AM sun) were eye level on me, and I'm 6'3"!, and on the back of my place where it faces the mountain and gets the afternoon sun, the snow pack was still between 18 to 24" deep as I was getting my daughter strapped into her snowshoes off the back deck Saturday afternoon.

loafer89

We have no signs of spring here in Coventry and the nights lately have been very cold, it was 19.8F on sunday morning and we had a few dustings of snow last week. I live at 815' so spring comes about 2-3 weeks later here than in Hartford/Manchester.