• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much snow do you have in your yard?

Greg

Staff member
Nothing. A few small plow piles left here and there.

wa-loaf

Yup, pretty much just the grass and what's left of the snowbanks. A couple lone patches in shady/protected areas.

drjeff

Snow Depth = 0.0 :(

Random tree part debris depth = ALOT of cleanup time in the coming weeks :( :( :( :( :(

mlctvt

Zero.
This winter sux in southern Connecticut. I've only had to plow my driveway once this year. I was having a discussion yesterday with a friend about ice skating and hockey on local ponds. The local ponds have been frozen over for skating just one weekend this year. When I was a kid we'd regularly get 30-45 skating days in per season.

Warp Daddy

Thigh deep with several snowbanks along my driveway at or over my head and i'm 6'1". This last storm was a MONSTER and it was POWDER not ice or rain -- WOOOOO--HOOOOOOOOOOO

loafer89

For the first time in a long time, nothing, and loving it.

My male Saint Bernard hates the snow and it is a chore to get him out to exercise and go make. I am ready to clean up my yard as soon as the ground thaws out to fertilize and get the grass growing, which will probably be in about 4-6 weeks.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
A foot or two, very crusty at the moment under a top layer of ~2 inches. The mountain probably picked up around six, which will definitely help. The forecast is colder, but not showing any big storms yet.

Based on the forecast on bestskiweather.com, this might be the low point of the month. The last couple of weeks are supposed to be pretty good.

snoseek

none-never had more than four inches all winter. sun evaporates the snow so fast down here. I went mountain biking after skiing last week.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
zero in metro boston. butttttt..... the snowplow pile is still four feet high. I tried chopping away some of it so my daughter would stop hitting it. Man, that thing is solid ice. If that's any indication of base, all the mountains would need is a total of 10-12" to really make it all good again.

Paul

Same as Loafer, except my dog is a Brittany. If he doesn't want to go out, I just pick him up and chuck him out the door.

hammer

zero in metro boston. butttttt..... the snowplow pile is still four feet high. I tried chopping away some of it so my daughter would stop hitting it. Man, that thing is solid ice. If that's any indication of base, all the mountains would need is a total of 10-12" to really make it all good again.
Just come north about 40 miles from Boston...I still have plenty of snow in my yard (and not everyone in my family's happy about it).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Same as Loafer, except my dog is a Brittany. If he doesn't want to go out, I just pick him up and chuck him out the door.
Our cocker spaniel has been seeking out the itty bitty snow piles that are left. She's a pain in the arse during season changes... hates the snow at the beginning of the season and gives you a hard time going. Then once the snow starts to melt, won't go on the grass/mud, has to seek out the snow (and if there isn't any, will circle for what feels like hours while you wait).