• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheap Ass Race Skis?

wa-loaf

What year Racetigers are they? The skis didn't come with a race plate already integrated?

I don't think the race stocks come with an integrated plate, not everyone wants to use Marker. Plus these are used (I haven't gotten them yet) and I'm pretty sure they are the 06 version.

tcharron

Anyone know a good online source for finding close-out race skis?

I spotted some 06 Salomon GS race skis on skis.com today for $69.00 and tried to order them. They disappeared while I was ording them. :x They are back, but for $199, so I think the price was a mistake and they caught it while I was ordering.

Anyway I'm now on a mission to find a pair of GS skis for $100 or less. Almost any brand will do from within the last 5 years. Preferably new.

EvoGear sells a whole crapton of their older stock on ebay.

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/_Skis_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ16062QQsassZevogear

Example of one pair, GS, 167cm, 59$ + 12.95 S&H, new:

11329.Image.1.jpg

tcharron

Oh, and anything K2 with team in the name is a Junior race ski.

Well that was just an example. :-D K2 Mach GS 186's are there for 79.90. But either way. :) I always look at both EvoGear *AND* their ebay listing specifically. Seen situations where something ends up on ebay, but NOT on evogear.com

11322.Image.1.jpg

hammer

Bump...now that ski swaps are starting to happen, are there any recommendations for what race skis to look for?

skidmarks

They are not regulating the length of the ski only the turn radius. A 27m radius is probably the same or smaller than you were using back in the day on straight skis.

Yes some of the old GS skis had a 33M + turn radius

madskier6

Try Peak Performance in Killington. Fred always has leftover or used race skis in great shape.

Correct. I got a great pair of Volkl Racetigers plus bindings for my 16 yr old daughter last April for $349 from Peak. They had only been used on 2-3 days & were in excellent shape. Would have cost me double that if I had bought them new.