• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski rack...

SKIQUATTRO

i have a great area near my tuning bench that i want to build a ski rack, we have 4 sets of 'adult skis' and 2 sets of kids skis and poles...I have room for 5 "L" brackets, i could get 12" "L" brackets and double up skis on one bracket......I will be simply using 2 2x4's with either L brackets or dowels...whats the best way to secure the 2x4's to the cement wall..I dont have a Ramset gun....need to screw em in...

hammer

i have a great area near my tuning bench that i want to build a ski rack, we have 4 sets of 'adult skis' and 2 sets of kids skis and poles...I have room for 5 "L" brackets, i could get 12" "L" brackets and double up skis on one bracket......I will be simply using 2 2x4's with either L brackets or dowels...whats the best way to secure the 2x4's to the cement wall..I dont have a Ramset gun....need to screw em in...
I attached a few anchors to my basement concrete wall...drilling the holes with a masonry bit took a lot longer than I had hoped.

If you have a lot of anchor points, you may want to check into renting a ramset gun.

wa-loaf

Can you just hang them from the sill or a joist? No need to mess with the concrete.

SKIQUATTRO

can get a Ramset single shot at Homer (Home Depot) for $20 bucks....going to pick it up today...will save alot of time and bits

SKIQUATTRO

Did it last night...very easy

2 x 2x4 cut at 48"
Ramset Gun (Single Shot) Home Depot $20.00
.22 Caliber shells
2.5" Ramset nails
10 x L brackets 8"x10"

I spaced the 2x4's to clear the bindings, leveled and shot 4 nails into each 2x4
I then started spacing the L brackets, ended up with 5 L brackes
-IN ORDER TOP TO BOTTOM
-top bracket holds the kids skis (2 pair)
-5 set of poles
-wifes K2 One Luvs and Line Celebrities
-my Atomic B10 and Atomic Sugar Daddies
-older pair of K2 Fours and Atomic 9.18

Project took about 30 min, real easy and really cheap, even with buying the gun, shells, nails I was about $40...the L brackets were .89/ea

Will post pics shortly

-

mishka

that's my systems for ski storage, hanging from the cellar ceiling. simple and takes very little space. 7 pais of skies takes 1'x1.5' of floor space.

1896.jpg