• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown 3-14 gregs morning report

powhunter

greg just called...said the bumps are starting to soften up...todays looking good...im heading up with jonny around 1

steve

bvibert

Staff member
I just got a similar call as he was leaving. He said the bumps were EPIC after 11am. Damn bastard just had to torture me while I'm stuck at work... :angry:

Greg

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Saturday, 3/14/2008, 9 am - noon

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown, CT

Conditions: Firm bumps, soft groomers to start, epic bumps to end.

Trip Report: snuck away this morning for one final practice for Sunday's comp. Bumps were rough most of the morning. They improved after 10 am, became fun aroun 10:45 and reached epic status about 11:45. My final three runs were top to bottom on the course. My last being the best - nailed my spreader on the top jump as well as a full 90 degree single twist off the bottom kicker. That's as good as it's gonna get... :oops:

jonnypoach, powhunter and 2knees are all there. They are sure to have an epic afternoon.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm very jealous. If I'm able to get out at all today it'll only be a couple runs after 7pm. :(

I'm hoping to get in some runs tomorrow afternoon around 3-4pm though.

MR. evil

did they add the lip to the roller in the middle of the hill? if so, is the lip the full lenght of the trail or can it/they be skied around?

Greg

Staff member
did they add the lip to the roller in the middle of the hill? if so, is the lip the full lenght of the trail or can it/they be skied around?

The roller can be skied over without mandatory air. Any lip they add will be kicker width, I'd imagine, so you should be able to ski around it.

2knees

holy crap almighty that was insane. Johnnypoach was throwing twister spreads off the first kicker and steve landed a 360 off the lower one. I hit the lower one like 5 straight times before i managed to actually land on the landing area. I kept hitting the flats and it SUCKED for my reject knees. They really need to table top that jump. You have to almost come to a stop not to clear it. The top jump is off the freakin hook. the lines leading into it were stellar, although a couple of people kept hitting one line and managed to make the troughs cross cut. :flame:

If it stays soft on sunday, this is gonna be nuts. The speed steve was carrying into the first kicker was insane, if he hits it like that on sunday, he'll land in the parking lot.

powhunter

nice hitting it with you nasty boys!!!! Today was fantastic!!!! We worked the left side a bit, and jonny and pat did some duels....was 1 for 4 on the heli..first one landed on my arm...i nailed the 2nd one..and well the third one i landed it only 3/4 and landed on my shoulder/head....the top part of the course held some stellar lines....hooked up with 03jeff and did one last run after pat and jonny left

today was outFNstanding!!!

steve

o3jeff

Was good to meet you guys today. I did see the 360 powhunter landed while I was on a lift ride up, quite impressive. The three of them look ready for the competition on Sunday:daffy:

Greg

Staff member
I hit the lower one like 5 straight times before i managed to actually land on the landing area.

Gotta hit those kickers slow and pop up as much as possible. I've got it so I can land right at the end of the downhill side of the jump. Consider it an advantage tomorrow. I have to imagine there are going to be guys that never skied those jumps railing those things and landing in the bumps... :-o