• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bindings for my bump skis

tekweezle

those are the exact same bindings I have without the railflex plate system. Instead of mounting to a plate, it mounts on any flat ski like a regular binding.

Hawkshot99

I dont like to bash any ski equipment, but I would never be on Tyrolia Bindings....In the info that is sent to shops on what is still alowed to be worked on there is not a single Tyrolia binding pre-01' or 02'(don't have the papers in front of me) that Tyrolia will let a shop work on. That does not say a whole lot about their quality.

We do not get many Tyrolia's in our shop because we have never a carrier for them, and our local competition is a big place for them. But I fail 1/4-1/2 of the ones that do come in.
Do you want to trust your legs to that?:confused:

I would love to try some Elan or Fischer skis, but not when they are teamed with Tyrolia for their system bindings......

wa-loaf

I dont like to bash any ski equipment, but I would never be on Tyrolia Bindings....In the info that is sent to shops on what is still alowed to be worked on there is not a single Tyrolia binding pre-01' or 02'(don't have the papers in front of me) that Tyrolia will let a shop work on. That does not say a whole lot about their quality.

We do not get many Tyrolia's in our shop because we have never a carrier for them, and our local competition is a big place for them. But I fail 1/4-1/2 of the ones that do come in.
Do you want to trust your legs to that?:confused:

I would love to try some Elan or Fischer skis, but not when they are teamed with Tyrolia for their system bindings......

Just make sure you buy the metal ones, the plastic ones seem to cause a lot of trouble. The stuff they made in the was was total crap, didn't know the 90s stuff was bad too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would stay the hell away from the Axial2's.

I've got a pair on my B2's and they have issues if you ask me. Getting into them is a MAJOR PITA. I've brought them back to be tested twice and they still don't work right. Maybe I got a 'lemon' pair, but no matter how clean the surface of my boot, when I go to step into them, I can't just click in. The binding only closes half way and I end up having to grab the heal piece by hand and yank it up to have it close fully.

Annoying as hell.

Greg

Staff member

I've got a pair on my B2's and they have issues if you ask me. Getting into them is a MAJOR PITA. I've brought them back to be tested twice and they still don't work right. Maybe I got a 'lemon' pair, but no matter how clean the surface of my boot, when I go to step into them, I can't just click in. The binding only closes half way and I end up having to grab the heal piece by hand and yank it up to have it close fully.

Annoying as hell.

I always thought the Axial2 and the Look PX12 were the same binding. They look identical. Interestingly enough, I have the same issue with the Rossis, but not with the Looks. I found I really have to stomp on the Rossis to get them to close

deadheadskier

Staff member
I always thought the Axial2 and the Look PX12 were the same binding. They look identical. Interestingly enough, I have the same issue with the Rossis, but not with the Looks. I found I really have to stomp on the Rossis to get them to close

Sometimes just stomping works, but most of the time I have to reach down and pull it up. And it's not like I'm a light weight. You would think 200 pounds with the binding only set on 7 would be enough. NOPE

Prior to this I had always been a Marker guy and never had a problem.

Hawkshot99

Annoying as hell.

Currently own 3 pairs on skis, and have had 2 others in the past 2 years. Never had this problem...;-)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Currently own 3 pairs on skis, and have had 2 others in the past 2 years. Never had this problem...;-)

well, looks like a got a lemon then

first pair of Rossi bindings ever and after this experience I will be unlikely to get another pair soon. Oddly, I'm about as big of a fan of Rossignol skis as you might find.....

jack97

well, looks like a got a lemon then

first pair of Rossi bindings ever and after this experience I will be unlikely to get another pair soon. Oddly, I'm about as big of a fan of Rossignol skis as you might find.....

Psst.... maybe the heel piece has to be adjusted. The little lever in the back lifts up so the piece can slide back a little. Just make sure the line stays on the yellow bar/window area when the boot is in the binding after the adjustment, that indicates the pressure is still right in that area. But I won't say that under oath.... better yet had the shop do it.

OK, from my experience, I had some slight problem getting into one of the bindings (look px12) with my old boots, after getting a new pair and having the heel piece moved up, it seems to have solve the problem.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Psst.... maybe the heel piece has to be adjusted. The little lever in the back lifts up so the piece can slide back a little

oh, I'm aware, tried to wiggle them a bit myself and brought them into a pro twice....maybe the binding in general is good, but my particular pair SUCKS

bvibert

Staff member
My PX12's are a little funky to get into sometimes. They'll only close part way, but then they'll close the rest of the way when I lift my boot heel a little. I think it's only one of the bindings that does this, but it's not a big enough deal for me to really look into it too much.

powbmps

bvibert,

My PX14's were the same way when I went from my Langes (307mm) to my Kryptons (306mm). It was the forward pressure. The ski shop moved the heel piece forward slightly until the yellow was halfway in the "window". Now they work fine.

bvibert

Staff member
bvibert,

My PX14's were the same way when I went from my Langes (307mm) to my Kryptons (306mm). It was the forward pressure. The ski shop moved the heel piece forward slightly until the yellow was halfway in the "window". Now they work fine.

When I set them up the yellow was half way in the window. Admittedly, I haven't checked the forward pressure since. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll time to play with it in the off season...

2knees

In regards to the Head Mad Trix ski.

snakes rule man, they rule.

the ski is awesome in bumps and yes, it is very stiff. I've had issues with them on rock hard bumps. they really really want to shoot out from under you. Other than that, i've used them every single day this year except for my first day out. Powder, crud, trees, ice, bumps you name it. Do they help outside the bumps, no. In the bumps they are freakin awesome. Just dont ski backseat on them.

And to offer my two cents on the binding question. Tim, dont get into this over analyzation of equiptment. I havent ever paid one iota of attention to what bindings i put on my skis except for price. I think i manage ok.

jack97

bvibert,

When I set them up the yellow was half way in the window. Admittedly, I haven't checked the forward pressure since. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll time to play with it in the off season...

The look px and rossi is designed such that when the tab is within the yellow window, the pressure is "right", the DIN will work at the dialed setting.

As with powbmps, I went to a smaller boot, the reel heel had to move forward until the tab was within the yellow window.