• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 03/15/2008

MR. evil

Got to the hill around 4:30 to get a few runs in on my new bump skis and check out the course for the mogul comp. I meet up with Bvibert at the top of the hill on my first run. We skied together for a while before he had to go back to work. The bumps were nice and soft, and the Cabrawlers were great in the bumps. Much quicker and easier to manuver............in the bumps. Every were else they were not so easy to control. I guess I have been spoiled by the big side cuts on my all mountain skis.

Anyway, the main pupose for the quick hitter was to test out the skis and see if I felt up to competing in the mogul comp. My biggest fear about the comp has been the kickers. The middle kicker is very easy to roll over, but I was having a difficult time finding a line after the kicker but I was able to manage. The lower kicker is a completly nother issue. The first time down temptor a skied and stoped right in between the two kickers. I wanted to check them out from up close before I went off them. On my next run I approached the lower kicker with just enough speed so that i could stop at the top and ski down the back side. So far so good. On my next run I approached with just a little more speed than before and i was launched into outer space. I cleared the back side of the kicker and landed about 5 feet from the first bumps after the kicker......wipe out:daffy:
One of Bviberts co-worker that was skiing with us said that all she saw once I hit the ground was a giant puff of snow. The rest of the evening was a battle trying to find that perect amount of speed to hit that lower kicker with. Just enough speed and I would get air but also land on the black slope of the kicker. Just a tad more and I found myself landing on the flat and one time landing right on the first bump after the kicker. The time I landed on the bump I wiped and slid for about 50 feet. I was still laughing my butt off on the ground by the time Bvibert caught up with me. I have a feeling I am going to be very sore in the morning

powhunter

Thanks for the report!!!! Glad ya could get out and get some!! Hopefully the course will be just as good tomorrow...Good pick up on the cabrallers!!! Im in a lot of pain too from the last 3 days up there.....gonna rehab tonight.......

steve

Greg

Staff member
So.......?

Are you competing?

bvibert

Staff member
The conditions were surprisingly good and soft all the way up to closing... :D