• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Next years ski purchase

Hawkshot99

Greg started the thread about being happy with what you got for this year. This is what are you looking to get for next year?

I am thinking of getting Marker Dukes for my Scott Missions, or replacing the Missions with a Line Prophet 100 with a Marker Duke. Not sure on which route I will go.:spread:

So what will you be getting?

Mildcat

My only pair of skis are K2 Crossfires. I want to add something that will be better on powder days and in the trees. I've been keeping my eyes open on SAC for some 8000's. It seems everytime I catch them on there the only ones left are too long or too short.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd like to pick up a set of GS race skis, something fast with bomb proof edge grip. we'll see.......

BeanoNYC

Greg started the thread about being happy with what you got for this year. This is what are you looking to get for next year?

I am thinking of getting Marker Dukes for my Scott Missions, or replacing the Missions with a Line Prophet 100 with a Marker Duke.

Friend of mine just got the Fisher Wateas. They're mad light for powder skis. Might be a good combo with the heavier dukes. You plan on doing some touring?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd like to pick up a set of GS race skis, something fast with bomb proof edge grip. we'll see.......

specifically

...having a real hard time not pulling the trigger on a pair of New 05-06 176 cm Atomic G11's right now that I found for $199, free shipping.

Greg

Staff member
I'm very happy with my current set-ups. I really don't need anything. Wouldn't mind some fatties though.

o3jeff

There probably won't be any ski purchases for me next year after picking up two pairs of skis within the past month that I couldn't pass up deals on. Grabbed a pair of Dynastar Mythic Riders and just last week grabbed a pair of AC30 after looking for a deal on them all season.

These will replace the K2 5coms that i got last year after getting back into the sport after about 8 years out of it.

Hawkshot99

Friend of mine just got the Fisher Wateas. They're mad light for powder skis. Might be a good combo with the heavier dukes. You plan on doing some touring?

I do hear good things about them, but I am limited to the brands that I sell. K2/Rossi/Vokle/Line/Scott/Atomic. Might be able to do a Nordica as we will most likely be a boot dealer for them, but I am tentative to buy a ski, when I have never even skid the brand, lt alone the ski I would choose.

As for the weight of the lines, the might weigh a bit more than the Wateas, but I held the Prophet 100 with a Marker Jester mounted on it, and it was not too bad. I did not ski them because it was pretty icy and they were huge. Skied the 90 though and was real impressed considering the width/conditions.

This will not be a true touring ski. More side country touring and lift serviced powder days.

Hawkshot99

Not all of us. ;)
Sad isn't it.

I just bought a pair of Roxy Joyriders which will basically be for next year. I can't believe how wide the shovel is on these skis even though they're supposed to be excellent carvers! :-o

They look nice!
11917.Image.1.jpg

All carver skis have huge shovel and tail with a skinny waist. Just look at race stock SL skis.

My carver is like that and tons of fun. You will enjoy them. :daffy:Nice addition to your Dynastars(I think that is what you have)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sad isn't it.
Indeed it is. But it could always be worse, right? At least we'll have a season next year.

They look nice!

All carver skis have huge shovel and tail with a skinny waist. Just look at race stock SL skis.

My carver is like that and tons of fun. You will enjoy them. :daffy:Nice addition to your Dynastars(I think that is what you have)
Good memory!

It was a little bit of retail therapy, but when I saw the deals on sierrasnowboard.com and considered my concerns with my current skis (mainly that they don't like quick turns and they're not great on hardpack), I decided I "needed" something to add to the quiver. Especially since my other cruiser skis I bought at the ski swap at the beginning of the season turned out to be duds (bought spur of the moment and I had no idea they were beginner skis - they were labeled intermediate but clearly are not). The divas on theskidiva.com had nothing but good things to say about the Joyriders, and I really couldn't find a bad review anywhere for them. Now I just have to be more careful about going too fast over bumps and I'll be alright. :lol:

BeanoNYC

I do hear good things about them, but I am limited to the brands that I sell. K2/Rossi/Vokle/Line/Scott/Atomic. Might be able to do a Nordica as we will most likely be a boot dealer for them, but I am tentative to buy a ski, when I have never even skid the brand, lt alone the ski I would choose.

As for the weight of the lines, the might weigh a bit more than the Wateas, but I held the Prophet 100 with a Marker Jester mounted on it, and it was not too bad. I did not ski them because it was pretty icy and they were huge. Skied the 90 though and was real impressed considering the width/conditions.

This will not be a true touring ski. More side country touring and lift serviced powder days.

If I get a decent price on some dukes, I may mount them on my Mantras so I can get into some slackcountry/touring. I'll take the freeride 12's and put them on my PE's. How are you feeling, BTW.

deadheadskier

Staff member
....might have to pull the trigger on these tomorrow for new 'bump' skis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2006-Rossig...ryZ16062QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My 2003 Bandit X has become my defacto bump ski, mainly due to it's 'straightness' and their pretty soft up front after 100+ days use. My only gripe is they're a 184 and I'd like something more 175ish. Getting essentially the same ski, brand new in a 2006 model is mighty tempting for sixty bucks.

snowmonster

If I get a decent price on some dukes, I may mount them on my Mantras so I can get into some slackcountry/touring. I'll take the freeride 12's and put them on my PE's. How are you feeling, BTW.
Lots of good deals on Dukes nowadays. Lowest I saw recently was $330 (from close to $500). Marker is coming out with a lighter and cheaper version of the Duke next year called the Baron. Though the din goes up to 12 (instead of 16 on the Duke), if you don't need the higher settings, then this may be the way to go.

Hawkshot99

Lots of good deals on Dukes nowadays. Lowest I saw recently was $330 (from close to $500). Marker is coming out with a lighter and cheaper version of the Duke next year called the Baron. Though the din goes up to 12 (instead of 16 on the Duke), if you don't need the higher settings, then this may be the way to go.

I am pretty sure the Baron is more similar to the Jester. Or at least that is what one of the ski reps told me.