• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Next years ski purchase

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, no race skis here, but did pull the trigger on a replacement for my old Rossi Bandit X's which were a 2001-2002 Model with 100+ days on them. I took them out this weekend to ski in some bumps and it was clear, their time had come. Very little life left in them.

Had my eyes on some 176cm 05-06 BX, which is essentially the B1 from 2004-2005 with 2006 graphics and from everything I've read, it got killer marks in the bumps and decent ratings for edge grip on hard park due to it's woodcore. The 07 B2's are decent in the bumps, but I think the BX will be quicker and also offer a bit better carving alternative on hardpack days until I find the right race ski deal to jump on for those conditions.

So, $170 delivered they come. I hope to have them in my possesion and mounted for skiing hero bumps the last couple weeks of the season. :beer:

banditx.jpg

Trekchick

Ah, the ever evolving quiver.
As the season has transpired, my quiver has changed a lot and my desire for a midfat range has taken over. I'm anticipating an addition of the new Blizzard Magnum in my quiver next year as well as a Hart Carver-Hart Breaker.

Seeing whats coming is an amazing kind of fun for me!!:-D

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, no race skis here, but did pull the trigger on a replacement for my old Rossi Bandit X's which were a 2001-2002 Model with 100+ days on them. I took them out this weekend to ski in some bumps and it was clear, their time had come. Very little life left in them.

Had my eyes on some 176cm 05-06 BX, which is essentially the B1 from 2004-2005 with 2006 graphics and from everything I've read, it got killer marks in the bumps and decent ratings for edge grip on hard park due to it's woodcore. The 07 B2's are decent in the bumps, but I think the BX will be quicker and also offer a bit better carving alternative on hardpack days until I find the right race ski deal to jump on for those conditions.

So, $170 delivered they come. I hope to have them in my possesion and mounted for skiing hero bumps the last couple weeks of the season. :beer:

banditx.jpg

Delivered and being mounted as I type. Praying for soft bumps at Wildcat this Sunday :spread: :daffy:

For next season I want another pair of skis that are about 180-185cm in length and 85-90mm underfoot and a pair of carving skis with a 15 or so meter turn radius...and about a 175..similar to my Elan S12s..maybe the Elan Magfire..