WHEN IS IT TOO COLD TO SKI - Page 17

AlpineZone

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    I'll know if they work Sunday at Stowe. Hell I might wear them on Saturday to try them out when it minus 16. Just walking around town should be an adventure at those temps.
    And since I bought the wife the Heated gloves and socks ..I'm in for a bundle. Just about what the Arcteryx jacket costs by itself, and that thing is great and guaranteed for ever. . You sometimes get what you pay for.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    I'll know if they work Sunday at Stowe. Hell I might wear them on Saturday to try them out when it minus 16. Just walking around town should be an adventure at those temps.
    And since I bought the wife the Heated gloves and socks ..I'm in for a bundle. Just about what the Arcteryx jacket costs by itself, and that thing is great and guaranteed for ever. . You sometimes get what you pay for.
    I think you are in for a great day Sunday.

my dad booked the equinox in Manchester for me and my girl using his starwood points. if Saturday skiing is unbearable, we have a beautiful resort to hang out at with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam, sauna, spa services for $, a room which is way too luxe for my bum ass, good restaurants, outlet shopping, a movie theatre. skiing sunday should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    my dad booked the equinox in Manchester for me and my girl using his starwood points. if Saturday skiing is unbearable, we have a beautiful resort to hang out at with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam, sauna, spa services for $, a room which is way too luxe for my bum ass, good restaurants, outlet shopping, a movie theatre. skiing sunday should be no problem.
    Didn't know they were in the starwood family. I have some points maybe I'll check it out.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Nice place..checked rates..about the cost of my...socks LOL. I'm staying in a regular hotel but this is an option for sure. Too far from Stowe though.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    When it is too cold out you need to get off the groomers and hit some bumps, or ski something you have to hike a little to get to. Groomers= lost body heat, bumps= added body heat.
    Big difference between body heat and toe heat.I'm almost always plenty warm or too warm in my core.Its only the toes and no amount of exercise warms those because they really dont move.Especially for those of us with bad circulation in those digits.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Nice place..checked rates..about the cost of my...socks LOL. I'm staying in a regular hotel but this is an option for sure. Too far from Stowe though.
    oh yea, I'd never pay what it actually costs to stay there. my parents have what is essentially a starwood timeshare, but its points that they can use at any of the properties. it's real property and one day will pass to me and my sisters. they just pay a relatively small yearly fee for maintenance etc. I hardly ever ask them to use it, it's theirs, not mine (my greedy sister tends to take a tropical trip on parents' points every year tho), but with the cold and the noob girlfriend, I thought a proper resort would be a nice move. thanks pops.

Nice pool..I could live next to that!

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    That's exactly what we decided she would try next.

There also is some thought that maybe her hands are getting too warm and perspiring, leading to cold fingers.
    This was my problem. Glove liners helped a LOT. I did not need new gloves, just liners that wicked moisture better.
    2017-2018: Rookie season. 6 days at Wachusett so far.

Is this weather site any good: https://www.mountain-forecast.com/pe...forecasts/1339
    If so , pretty scary temps.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information