WHEN IS IT TOO COLD TO SKI - Page 18

AlpineZone

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

When is it too cold to ski

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    my dad booked the equinox in Manchester for me and my girl using his starwood points. if Saturday skiing is unbearable, we have a beautiful resort to hang out at with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam, sauna, spa services for $, a room which is way too luxe for my bum ass, good restaurants, outlet shopping, a movie theatre. skiing sunday should be no problem.
    Weird, this was very close to my plan for the same time period before I decided to go west. Never stayed at the Equinox but I was eyeballing the website pretty good last week. The lodging situation in So. VT looks generally overpriced to me, even by ski area standards. The Equinox seems to be among the decent choices and no more of a rip-off than any other place.
    Last edited by Edd; Jan 3, 2018 at 2:38 PM.

I tend to stay in <$100/night motels run by indian families, so this is a major upgrade for me
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

I tend to stay in <$100/night motels run by indian families, so this is a major upgrade for me
    Thank you. Come again!

I once took my future wife to a "hotel" in Hunter...Interesting place, built sometime before the world was created...one and done for her. Had to up my game from there.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    The lodging situation in So. VT looks generally overpriced to me, even by ski area standards. The Equinox seems to be among the decent choices and no more of a rip-off than any other place.
    Manchester has seen the addition of a lot of beds in the past couple of years with the Kimpton and the Hampton Inn opening.

I usually stay in the four winds country motel when I am in Manchester. its cheap, generally about $100/night. and they have fleece blankets with unicorns on them under the bedspreads.

Lodging in VT and Maine is a joke as far as pricing goes.

Costs are similar to stay in the Mt. Snow/Stratton area or Sunday River/Sugarloaf areas as they are to rent a place at a western resort town for a week. To me, that is insane. The housing market is what it is I guess from a pricing standpoint, but I'm sorry, some dumpy 1-2 bedroom house in the middle of nowhere Maine is not worth $800-1,000 for a week. Its the same for the Dover, VT area and most other areas I have looked at in VT as well which is quite disappointing.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

01/06/2018
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I usually stay in the four winds country motel when I am in Manchester. its cheap, generally about $100/night. and they have fleece blankets with unicorns on them under the bedspreads.
    $100/night isn't even that cheap for a dumpy hotel/motel though.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

I pay $60/night in rutland, but that is the dumpiest of the dumpy (either of their two lovely rodeway inns). I don't think $100/night within striking distance of Stratton, Bromley, magic, and okemo is that crazy. and the four winds isn't that dumpy. I also usually opt to drive thru the night on Friday tho, to save one nights cost of lodging

Thread Information