• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

About to go to bed after a long 24 hours.

Cousin got married on Saturday, so I flew back for the wedding. Connecting flight from Cincinnati, scheduled at 7:50, got canceled due the plane being stuck in Atlanta in a fairly big storm (Delta got hit pretty bad.) Get to the hotel at about 11:15, takes me about an hour to actually get emails to my boss and a few other people. Wake up at 5, shower, put on the same clothes as I wore yesterday, get to the airport, and fly to Detroit first, then Hartford. Get to Hartford, bags nowhere to be found. File a baggage claim. Get home, get a call from the airport saying my bag was there all along (must've been put with the other luggage within the time it took me to get home, because I checked every bag there.) Ask them to deliver it. 5 hours later, no bag. Call the airport, it's still there. Go back to the airport, pick up the bag, come home, do laundry.

I'm tired.

The funny thing is, I flew Delta this time because US Air ticked me off with how they handled a cancellation last time I flew (yes, two cancellations in a row.) $70 voucher for a hotel room, and they sent staff home on schedule while there were still 100 people waiting to get rebooked. At least Delta handled the situation much better - assigned hotel, with the room fully paid for under a previously negotiated agreement. Decent staffing, too. Took maybe 20 minutes to get rebooked and everything.

I'm so at the point right now when I fly that the 1st thing I do after I book my flight is make sure that I have at minimum the airlines central reservation # saved in my cell phone. It's saved me the hassel/aggrivation of waiting in a line to rebbok after a cancellation more times that I care to count :mad:

ski9

Soccer camp started tonight and I had 19 U10 kids in my group...just going through a bunch of old videos because I'm switching my fall team to Brazilian-style...not to be confused with a Brazilian wax.

I'm in charge of the office today since the boss is playing golf and the office manager is on vacation. I'm already had one irate customer..only we did everything right but it was an issue with the cemetery. At 10:00AM I have a family coming in to buy something nice for a loved one. I think an Impala Black monument if the price doesn't scare them. I wish I was skiing..

About to go to bed after a long 24 hours.

Cousin got married on Saturday, so I flew back for the wedding. Connecting flight from Cincinnati, scheduled at 7:50, got canceled due the plane being stuck in Atlanta in a fairly big storm (Delta got hit pretty bad.) Get to the hotel at about 11:15, takes me about an hour to actually get emails to my boss and a few other people. Wake up at 5, shower, put on the same clothes as I wore yesterday, get to the airport, and fly to Detroit first, then Hartford. Get to Hartford, bags nowhere to be found. File a baggage claim. Get home, get a call from the airport saying my bag was there all along (must've been put with the other luggage within the time it took me to get home, because I checked every bag there.) Ask them to deliver it. 5 hours later, no bag. Call the airport, it's still there. Go back to the airport, pick up the bag, come home, do laundry.

I'm tired.

The funny thing is, I flew Delta this time because US Air ticked me off with how they handled a cancellation last time I flew (yes, two cancellations in a row.) $70 voucher for a hotel room, and they sent staff home on schedule while there were still 100 people waiting to get rebooked. At least Delta handled the situation much better - assigned hotel, with the room fully paid for under a previously negotiated agreement. Decent staffing, too. Took maybe 20 minutes to get rebooked and everything.

Wow..I have $250 for United for issues related to lost baggage...all the customer service people were of minimal help. Luckily I have an almost free flight the next time I fly United.

Rough times (and a sign of alcoholism) if you're rolling pennies for Bud Light.

-w

Well...I've had change piling up since ski season...I got about $50...I would have had more but every load of laundry I do costs me $3 in quarters. Now I'm saving my change for ski season...maybe it will buy me a tank of $6 a gallon gas come November..lol:dunce:

Screw Bud Light...Magic Hat and Guinness for me..sometimes in the same glass..Black Magics are the bomb deezy..

drjeff

I'm currently having cravings for a donut thanks to reading the last few posts of this thread :mad: ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Mmmmmm... .those white hot chocolates ARE good.

Right now... I just hauled out a garbage bag full of crap the kids no longer play with (or broke). Also their broken kitchen set that they destroyed. Emptied out the toys under the couch, too. I feel like I've accomplished something today, at least.

Don't forget the white hot chocolate!
I[hart] talked me into one of those when I was in Vermont. I'm addicted!

I like the turbo iced coffee...

Since last night....I had 5(FIVE) new e-mails on match.com...I should be happy but my wallet is already feeling light. I can't keep taking girls to posh restaurants like TGI-Fridays for first dates...I'm sure a gas station hot dog and a Yoohoo will suffice..LMBFAO...O.K. I need to get back to work...

dmc

Sitting at my empty desk at work in Stamford CT - Listening to Charlie Parker.... Answering Emails...

drjeff

Eating a handfull of wheat thins, drinking some diet pepsi and waiting for an x-ray to develop to see if someone needs their wisdom teeth taken out :eek:

I just wrapped up with my 10:00AM appointment..not as steezy of a sale as I had hoped for but something..otherwise running around getting approval sketches in the mail...surfing the internet..eating an early lunch...It's really freaking warm outside..and so sunny..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Try this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananas_Foster

Really tasty, and if you're lucky enough they'll still be enough booze leftover in the sauce to get both the kids passed out cold for bed tonight! ;)
:lol: Looks interesting, but I'm missing several ingredients for that. Driving around to get them with the kids in tow isn't my idea of fun today.

I think I found a decent new banana cake/bread recipe I'll be trying out. This one has oats in it.

Counting cabbage off the dollar weakness and selling gold off this near term top as Benny and the Feds report to congress. Comedy Central.

Wowser your game rank is even better...I might have to watch some TV in the Boss's office..I wonder if Different Strokes is on...the other day I got small and watched like 4 episodes of Different Strokes and now I have the theme song in my head..doh..:spread: