• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

wa-loaf

The way things are going, I'm about to get a speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 65.:cry:

Uh oh, don't piss off the troopers they know how to find you. Hook em up with some free phones or something.

drjeff

just drinking some water and getting ready to glue a whole bunch of crowns into a patients mouth :)

Warp Daddy

IT S WAY FREAKIN BETTER Marc !!!!!!!!!!!

U gotta have a plan and Lotsa interests and some serious Dinero Helps :D

I saved and invested like a madman when i was Your age til i retired at 52 __YEEHAA

Then just did my 2 days a week of Consulting for 5 more yrs only during teh academic yr tho !! (had a side business for 20 yrs doing corp training ()
I Had to MAKE some time for important crap like skiing and other interests :D :D

Keep saving and investing and you can get outta the Rat Race early and get BUSY making a LIFE not a Living

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

I saved and invested like a madman when i was Your age til i retired at 52 __YEEHAA

Then just did my 2 days a week of Consulting for 5 more yrs only during teh academic yr tho !! (had a side business for 20 yrs doing corp training ()
I Had to MAKE some time for important crap like skiing and other interests :D :D

Keep saving and investing and you can get outta the Rat Race early and get BUSY making a LIFE not a Living

Nice.

In addition to my 401(k) and pension I buy some total market type ETF's every month, without fail. I hope that does me well in the long term.

wa-loaf

Coulda used that advice in my 20's. Trying to catch up now. Of course I was still in college at 25. :)

Warp Daddy

Coulda used that advice in my 20's. Trying to catch up now. Of course I was still in college at 25. :)

Yeah well being an economist by training helped BUT my dad had SERIOUS financial discipline as a "child of the great depression" and the eldest of 4 kids who lost there father in the influenza epidemic when my dad was JUST 9 yrs old. My grandmom had a 6th grade education in ITALY so dad was the Man of the family AND MATURED beyond his years -- poor guy NEVER had a childhood !!

Funny thing tho all 4 got Masters degrees!!!

Dad was an executive with an Insurance firm , his brother was CEO of a major international food conglomerate until he passed. My one aunt was head of Catholic Charities in NYC and the other one was a Dean of Nursing at a Virginia college -- so i guess some of that financial discipline rubbbed off on me ! Taht plus my wife was banker before going into education and has similar values / goals / discipline

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Right now... just got in from errands (diapers, post office, renting a couple movies). Getting the kids a snack then I'll be doing more laundry.

Wish I had done my run at 5AM. It's HOT out there right now. Ugh. Maybe I'll wait til tomorrow morning instead. I'd rather be dead tired all day from rising early than just plain dead from running in this heat. :lol:

Trekchick

Trying to find creative ways to post on the forums without typing and irritating my wrist, since my office work has demanded a lot of typing the past few days.
Oh, and lets not forget trying new ways to stir the pot.
Lover
puckerup.gif

or
Fighter
snowball.gif

You be the judge! :)

Back from helping set 7 monuments in the heat...luckily the 3 largest ones were close to the road so we were able to crane them saving alot of energy. I'm wrapping things up here in the office and I might have a date tonight down in Lansdale..the girl is a total flake and wants to hang out tonight but we don't have an actual plan yet..I'd be perfectly happy with no date..then I can go to the bar and drink Magic Hat #9s until the sun goes down..

Moe Ghoul

Took an 84 degree cool "hot tub" and snacking on a peach. Feeling a twang in the kidney area the past coupla days and scheduling an appt with the urologist. I had a stone zapped a coupla years ago and am stressed about going thru that ordeal again.

drjeff

Trying to find creative ways to post on the forums without typing and irritating my wrist, since my office work has demanded a lot of typing the past few days.
Lover
puckerup.gif

or
Fighter
snowball.gif

I'm glad Trek that you clarified that it was office work that's been aggrevating your wrist the last few days. Who knows where we would have run with that statement if you hadn't said "office work" ;) :stirpot: ;) ;) :)

wa-loaf

Lover
puckerup.gif

or
Fighter
snowball.gif

Must resist one handed typing joke . . .;-)