• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No. :lol: Actually, I forgot that I froze the main ingredient for what I was thinking of so I'll wait until tomorrow or Saturday to make it. Looks like something easy tonight. Kids are requesting chicken nuggets and tator tots, but I'm not sure I want to go that easy either.....

AMAC2233

I hate to add insult to injury, but as someone who regularly sees and hears the post wisdom tooth extractions cases, yours is in the definate minority of post surgery complications. 95% of the time, it's just some bruise like soreness for a day or 2 in the extraction site areas.

Aren't I lucky.

I hate to add to things again, but wisdom teeth causing front teeth to "go crooked" is the 2nd biggest misconception that people have about teeth (#1 is that some folks have "soft teeth" as an excuse for why they get cavities - nope they just have a high frequency exposure to carbohydrates throughout the day). Tipping and crowding of one's front teeth as they age is a natural progression that will occur independently of whether you have 4 of the nastiest impacted wisdom teeth or if you were born congenitally missing all 4 wisdom teeth. What happens is that as we age, our teeth want to move towards the front/midline of our jaws. If the alignment of the teeth isn't dead on, slow tipping and /or rotation of the relatively small front teeth will occur over time(this is why you're told to wear your retainers as long as possible as they'll keep your teeth aligned and prevent the start of the tipping/rotation process over time). Why we dental folks thn will reccomend removal of ones wisdom teeth is that in certain cases they can actuall make it very difficult to clean where they contact tet tooth infront of them, thus leading to decay, and if this happens, that decay is often in the place where our drills can't get to it to fix, then potentially your looking at not just having your wisdom tooth removed, but also the tooth infront of it :eek:

Obviously, that wasn't the only reason. When I went into the Ortho. in May for a post-braces checkup that happens every 8 months, he reccomended that I get my wisdom teeth out, since they were beginning to develop and "pressure" my teeth, which he said might eventually cause problems with the positioning of my teeth. Later, the oral surgeon gave me a packet of reasons why to get them taken out, most of which seemed more significant than my teeth "going crooked." However, since my orthodontist planted that idea into my head, it was always the first reason I thought of for getting them out. (Last night, I was just a little angry about the pain and needed to vent!)

Date is on for tonight at 7:00PM..I'm meeting the girl at her apartment..please..no one-night stand..I want a relationship..I'm sick of women looking at me like a piece of meat..and messing up my curly hair..I have feelings too..I want to be romanced..lol...

Moe Ghoul

Date is on for tonight at 7:00PM..I'm meeting the girl at her apartment..please..no one-night stand..I want a relationship..I'm sick of women looking at me like a piece of meat..and messing up my curly hair..I have feelings too..I want to be romanced..lol...

Geez, you make it sound like a chore. Either wear the panties and make her pay for the nite out, or leave the engine running and go in and deliver the goods. If yer worried about the hair, wear a net :).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
friday.gif

Just trying to keep the kids occupied until my appt later....

Ibuprofen is helping a lot right now. :D

Warp Daddy

Getting ready for all of our kidz and grandkidz to come home tonite for 10 days of the Seaway Festival . So we're both cooking and cleaning and doing lawn work --- NO GOLF today

Leaving work...hitting the bar..then the farmers market..then I'm going to take an uber good nap..Since I only slept a few hours last night..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Trying not to move too much....

The surgeon decided to open up that sebaceous cyst and get the infection out. :eek: She was fascinated and kept asking me if I wanted to look. :puke: My 3 year old thought it was interesting, though. So now I'm sitting here with about a 1" slice in my chest that's not stitched up and full of packing that I have to remove tomorrow trying not to move because the numbing stuff is wearing off. She hoped that ibuprofen/acetaminophen would be enough and I wouldn't need narcotics. :eek: The good news is that I should be okay to run the 5K next Sunday though.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Okay,forget drugs for me. She should have sent me home with sedatives for the kids! :eek: They're ripping the house apart and I can't do anything about it. OUCHY!!!!!!! Hopefully they don't break the A/C as that seems to be the next thing on their list....