• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

WJenness

Watching the Rush R:30 special on Palladia HD Network (and trying not to wake the kids up with the number of decibels I have coming out of the speakers right now ;) :rolleyes:)

Neil, Geddy and Alex get my vote as the best rock trio of all time :)

Palladia is good stuff. I've been enjoying the stuff from the Isle of Wight festival that they've had up off and on. It is now in my regular rotation of 'what's on' channels.

-w

drjeff

Watching the CT State DOT trucks/excavators deal with the snowbanks out infront of my office

Getting out of work soon..I'm not skiing today..I'm getting a haircut and cashing in my change at the coinstar machine..I bet I have over $100 in coins..extra spending $$$ for J-Hole. Not having to pay to do laundry in my new place rocks hardcore..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
getting psyched for a LOST party tonight.

Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot! :eek:

Let's see... after running errands (school bookstore, bank to drop off business-related stuff for a host, my mom's house, town garage to get sand, & the grocery store) I was greeted by the dog, in her crate, covered in crap. :puke: So after I put the groceries away, I got to bathe her and the crate. I'm hoping the rest of the day will be less eventful.

drjeff

Right now I'm trying, with limited success, to get through the stack of charts from today on my desk.:( I suppose if I close some of the 8 open windows I currently have on my desktop that it might speed the process along a little ;) :rolleyes:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I just registered for a class this semester. I really wasn't going to take a class, because, quite honestly, the season is going so well and skiing is more important to me then school. There really wasn't any courses offered that I really needed to take, so I was going to call it a wash. I get an automated email today on course changes, and noticed a class that would count towards my degree now has a 4:30 start time (changed from 3:30). So here it goes:

TECH 2920 Computers in Technology (3)
An introductory course covering a broad array of the operational characteristics of modern microcomputers and their application in the improvement of productivity in the work place, and the solution of complex problems in various industrial and business settings.

Yeah, I have the feeling I'll be downing beers during this one. I'll have to get to work early on Mondays to make the 4:30 start time, but that's not a big deal.

I also just picked up another case of Blackbeary Wheat for $24 :beer:

I just registered for a class this semester. I really wasn't going to take a class, because, quite honestly, the season is going so well and skiing is more important to me then school. There really wasn't any courses offered that I really needed to take, so I was going to call it a wash. I get an automated email today on course changes, and noticed a class that would count towards my degree now has a 4:30 start time (changed from 3:30). So here it goes:

TECH 2920 Computers in Technology (3)
An introductory course covering a broad array of the operational characteristics of modern microcomputers and their application in the improvement of productivity in the work place, and the solution of complex problems in various industrial and business settings.

Yeah, I have the feeling I'll be downing beers during this one. I'll have to get to work early on Mondays to make the 4:30 start time, but that's not a big deal.

I also just picked up another case of Blackbeary Wheat for $24 :beer:

What are you getting a degree in? Blackberry wheat is about $31 Here with tax for a case..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
What are you getting a degree in? Blackberry wheat is about $31 Here with tax for a case..

Technology/Telecommunications (which is basically a super dumbed down EE program, with out all the electrical stuff but still covers logic, circuits, some physics, layers etc) . The university has shut down the major though so no new students into the program are accepted. My advisor is actually the chairperson of the Computer Science department and told me today, that the school will be introducing a new Information Technology program next semester and I should consider switching. I'll have to look over the courses.

You should get your LT's when you're working in the area.

Warp Daddy

Just back from skiing long day -- worst windchill of the season -- it was brutal but i have great gear so did 28 runs in it

I t was so bad i .took my boots off at lunch to COOK my toee in front of a roaring fireplace in the lodge -- first time i EVER had to that :D

Great snow and virtually no lines at all, but the Queen did not go too damn cold for her

Geoff

I just finished a mug of hot chocolate with butter schnapps. I'm watching Superman Returns sprinkled between commercials for male enhancement. I passed on it when it came out a couple of years ago. Kate Bosworth makes a pretty funky Lois Lane and Kevin Spacey just isn't evil enough to be Lex Luthor.

WoodCore

Cooking dinner and making snow!

SAHClone0002.jpg

Really slow start to the day at work..I've only sold two tombstones this week and am caught up on everything..luckily the boss is out most of the day so I can surf the net alot. Today is my last full day of work until February 3rd..tomorrow I work until Noon and then I'm out..