• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

I heard Princeton is a cool place to just chill. Drove through there once, but didn't stop.

I'll be able to get you the "real" lowdown on Princeton pretty soon, as my sister in-law just accepted a faculty position there and moves from Duke to Princeton in 2 weeks (yup, she's really smart, but inspite of that she's a fun person to hang out with ;) )

Back from the bank..one of my CDs matured today..I bought it with a 3.9% interest rate 11 months ago and now the best at my local bank even with my special steezy status is 2% for 15 months..so tomorrow I want to call around to a few different banks and see if I can get a couple points higher.

Need to sock it back in another fund before I spend it on hookers and blow..off to the bar..happy hour ends at 6PM but on Thursday evenings..Sam Adams summer and Magic Hat #9 are $2....a pint of Miller lite or Budweiser is $2.25 so it's an easy decision..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Back from the bank..one of my CDs matured today..I bought it with a 3.9% interest rate 11 months ago and now the best at my local bank even with my special steezy status is 2% for 15 months..so tomorrow I want to call around to a few different banks and see if I can get a couple points higher.

Need to sock it back in another fund before I spend it on hookers and blow..off to the bar..happy hour ends at 6PM but on Thursday evenings..Sam Adams summer and Magic Hat #9 are $2....a pint of Miller lite or Budweiser is $2.25 so it's an easy decision..
Try www.bankrate.com

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'll be able to get you the "real" lowdown on Princeton pretty soon, as my sister in-law just accepted a faculty position there and moves from Duke to Princeton in 2 weeks (yup, she's really smart, but inspite of that she's a fun person to hang out with ;) )
Congrats to your sis! What subject?

Grassi21

just got back from eating out. nice night to sit outside. now i'm going to see if i can get lucky after my wife puts our son to bed. wish me luck. :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Just finished mowing the lawn and unloading the car from a BJ's trip.

That's two weekend chores completed, which is gonna help set me up an earlier pdw start time :D :daffy::beer:

Edit: I was gonna chill out to Pink Floyd: The Wall on Pallada, and Mrs Root come is and asks me "What the hell is this crap?" Then tells me that she never knew there was a movie. Sometime we're so polar.

Last edited:

Geoff

A 1 year CD at what used to be GMAC Bank until a month ago is 2.30%

http://www.ally.com/index.html

drjeff

That probably a little over Root's head.

I've tried to really have her explain it to me on atleast a half dozen occasions, both with and without beers on board and to be honest with you Root, I'm still clueless as to what exactly she figured out, let alone how that then becomes a doctorate thesis and a bunch of publications from the thesis :rolleyes: :eek: :blink:

Warp Daddy

I've tried to really have her explain it to me on atleast a half dozen occasions, both with and without beers on board and to be honest with you Root, I'm still clueless as to what exactly she figured out, let alone how that then becomes a doctorate thesis and a bunch of publications from the thesis :rolleyes: :eek: :blink:

That's why once you have that alphabet soup after your name , enlightenment occurs :D and one finds that real meaning is Piled Higher & Deeper :D:D:D

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That's why once you have that alphabet soup after your name , enlightenment occurs :D and one finds that real meaning is Piled Higher & Deeper :D:D:D
Once again, Root laughs out loud after reading a post on AZ.

Root is about to head into the office. First time this year Root is wearing shorts to work.

Root also can't stop posting in the 3rd person...and thanks 2knees for creating a monster:smash:

GrilledSteezeSandwich is leaving work in 20 minutes and will not return until July 7th..he will be going to the Allentown Farmers Market where he will stare at Amish girls ass's and titties..he will buy food..drink beer..and surf the net...he will then do laundry and sleep..

Grassi21

Just hacked out some ugly hedges, trimmed the remaining hedges, weeded the front yard, shower, safety meeting, devour food, and finally vegg on the couch.