• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I feel for you. I'm up to running 4 days a week and recently added in an exercise DVD 6 days a week... and since July, I've only managed to lose 11 pounds. 11 pounds in 5 months. Sucks.

Maybe I'll have another beer while I complain about it... ;) :beer:

I don't know about your situation, but while I *know* I can lose a lot of weight fast by not eating, I'm not doing that because I'm more concerned about fueling for athletic pursuits than strictly weight loss. Hence the painfully slow loss. I guess if I keep at it, it will have to come off eventually though. Good luck to you!
Here's my "theory" on weight loss....

I didn't put on all this weight in a 6 months...so it's unrealistic to expect to loose it all in that time frame.

OK, off to class to present my web project.

Madroch

That is amazing man! Good for you. Please share some secrets. I am having a hell of a time. I am a 4 - 5 day/ week gym guy. (unless I ski two days on the weekends.) When I was in the doctors last week, they weighed me and I was up 15!!!! I nearly passed out. I thought I was doing well. Ugh.

Currently waiting for a student to show for some private instruction. Tuesdays are marathons that go from 7:10 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. with no break.

Feel your frustration. Been keeping basically the same gym regimen for 3 years- 3-5 days a week (very schedule dependent- but find a way), but started to add weight, so I upped and altered the routine... stopped gaining, but can't seem to drop the 5-10 I added. Beat-- must be middle age.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Here's my "theory" on weight loss....

I didn't put on all this weight in a 6 months...so it's unrealistic to expect to loose it all in that time frame.
Agreed. But if I gained 10 of those in 1 month, it hardly seems fair that it would take 5x as long to lose it. ;)

skidbump

I feel for you. I'm up to running 4 days a week and recently added in an exercise DVD 6 days a week... and since July, I've only managed to lose 11 pounds. 11 pounds in 5 months. Sucks.

Maybe I'll have another beer while I complain about it... ;) :beer:

I don't know about your situation, but while I *know* I can lose a lot of weight fast by not eating, I'm not doing that because I'm more concerned about fueling for athletic pursuits than strictly weight loss. Hence the painfully slow loss. I guess if I keep at it, it will have to come off eventually though. Good luck to you!

If i follow weight watchers point system i lose 5 to 7 a week for 3 or 4 weeks then i hit a lull for a few weeks where i lose or gain a pound.Then its 3 to 5 a week.Also helps i ski a few hours 5 to 7 days a week.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If i follow weight watchers point system i lose 5 to 7 a week for 3 or 4 weeks then i hit a lull for a few weeks where i lose or gain a pound.Then its 3 to 5 a week.Also helps i ski a few hours 5 to 7 days a week.
Adding skiing soon will help. I used to track calories with SparkPeople and it does work... but I hate it. It felt like I was perpetually "on a diet" instead of living life. I've made some lifestyle changes but I'm not going drastic because past experience has proven (as well as many studies) that doing it quickly doesn't usually equal lasting results. I'm bitching but I'm being realistic, too. ;) 3 of those 5 months, I kept losing and regaining 3 pounds. Glad to have broken through that by October.

On that note, right now I am getting ready to go out with my History class for pizza and beer tonight. :beer:

Warp Daddy

No real secrets after the heart attack i set a goal everyone thought was unreal. well 5 month's later i'm now 3 lbs lighter than the original goal of losing 42 lbs ------------ how'd i do it ???

1. SERIOUS Portion control ( my dinner plate is a luncheon size plate ) it fools the mind . I also read the labels of everything we buy. We eat low fat high fibre diet . No skin left on any fowl/fish , no gravy except on special occasions.. Snacks of fruit , yogurt. Italian Ice , lite ice cream or 2 small cookies and coffee at nite. Any meat is high quality cut, trimmed of fat , broiled , grilled or baked , trimmed of skin AND PORTION size is the size of a pack of cards as reccommended . I eat NO prepared crap or fatty snacks

2. I usually eat cereal TWICE each day It's loaded with fruit and have either an english muffin /toast or small bagelw/ homemade jam The cereal is high fibre low cal , low fat with Skim milk and BB or bananas or sometimes Oat meal w/fruit occasionall eggs BUT NO Bacon Homefies etc . I f i go out its soup and salad or soup and a small sandwich . I use all low fat dressings Brummel and Brown instead of butter or margarine

3. Because of the heart attack i no longer drink alcohol except an occasional glass of wine

4. I exercise 7 days a week : 3---------- 90 min gym sessions including weights and cardio machines, on the other 4 days we take daily walks at aerobic pace like 3/4 miles plus 30 minutes of stretching

5. Pretty religious about this routine meaning if we go to parties i watch myself BUT if i do indulge i get back on the gig the next day .

6. I DO NOT BELIEVE in yoyo dieting this is more of a lifestyle choice . I will NOT starve myself i eat a well balanced diet of the right stuff AVOID THE FATTY CRAP AND prepared stuff. No carbonated beverages either

I do mostly decaf and high energy juices and lots of water --------------That's it

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
No real secrets after the heart attack i set a goal everyone thought was unreal. well 5 month's later i'm now 3 lbs lighter than the original goal of losing 42 lbs ------------ how'd i do it ???

1. SERIOUS Portion control ( my dinner plate is a luncheon size plate ) it fools the mind . I also read the labels of everything we buy. We eat low fat high fibre diet . No skin left on any fowl/fish , no gravy except on special occasions.. Snacks of fruit , yogurt. Italian Ice , lite ice cream or 2 small cookies and coffee at nite. Any meat is high quality cut, trimmed of fat , broiled , grilled or baked , trimmed of skin AND PORTION size is the size of a pack of cards as reccommended . I eat NO prepared crap or fatty snacks

2. I usually eat cereal TWICE each day It's loaded with fruit and have either an english muffin /toast or small bagelw/ homemade jam The cereal is high fibre low cal , low fat with Skim milk and BB or bananas or sometimes Oat meal w/fruit occasionall eggs BUT NO Bacon Homefies etc . I f i go out its soup and salad or soup and a small sandwich . I use all low fat dressings Brummel and Brown instead of butter or margarine

3. Because of the heart attack i no longer drink alcohol except an occasional glass of wine

4. I exercise 7 days a week : 3---------- 90 min gym sessions including weights and cardio machines, on the other 4 days we take daily walks at aerobic pace like 3/4 miles plus 30 minutes of stretching

5. Pretty religious about this routine meaning if we go to parties i watch myself BUT if i do indulge i get back on the gig the next day .

6. I DO NOT BELIEVE in yoyo dieting this is more of a lifestyle choice . I will NOT starve myself i eat a well balanced diet of the right stuff AVOID THE FATTY CRAP AND prepared stuff. No carbonated beverages either

I do mostly decaf and high energy juices and lots of water --------------That's it
Warp nailed it. I'll bet he'd out ski all our asses this winter.:spread:

After I got home from my class, I got really small, now I'm going for a bag of steamed veggies for dinner, as I kinda blew my diet at the luncheon today.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Warp - You are a smart man! :D

Back from pizza and beer. :D Nice way to end the semester for that class. I'll mniss thta professor next semester. Can't seem to get into one of his classes-too many shceudlue conflicts. Cool guy though. Kinda sad to see some go as this was their last semester. Life does go on though.

BackLoafRiver

Prepping for rehearsal. T-Minus 10 minutes. Needed to get my morning AZ fix. My co-teacher is screeching like a turkey being chased for Thanksgiving.

Concert tonight. Nervous as hell.

I'll post on the diet topic going when I have time later.

Have a good morning!

Warp Daddy

Prepping for rehearsal. T-Minus 10 minutes. Needed to get my morning AZ fix. My co-teacher is screeching like a turkey being chased for Thanksgiving.

Concert tonight. Nervous as hell.

I'll post on the diet topic going when I have time later.

Have a good morning!

Hey good luck on the concert -- it is a big deal but not worth getting hyper over . They're kids they're learning , mistakes will occur BUT since most in the audience have TIN EARS :D no one will notice they'll be focused on the kids

Root and Carrie : UR too kind -------------i couldn't kick anybody's a$$ ,hell i'm 66 Biologically, but then again i'm 15 attitudinally :D:D . Gotta hit the gym in an hr see if i can unstiffen this damn back :D

SKIQUATTRO

wrapping up a few last minute deals, RedBull in hand, heading to the gym...6 mi treadmill workout...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Writing my 8-10 page paper on Emerson's essays in the 1830s that began the Transcendentalist movement. I have nearly 3 pages done. It's due in 17ish hours. Then I will be a free woman on break!!!!!

drjeff

Not sleeping now after falling asleep on the couch sometime just after 9 and waking up around 1:15 :mad: Never been on the treadmill at 2 in the morning - might have to change that shortly :rolleyes:

drjeff

That may not help. I ran 3 miles 3 hours ago and I'm still wide awake.

It wouldn't be to make me tired as much as it would be to check one thing off my daily "to do" list. The way my sleeping habits work 99% of the time, is if I'm going to fall asleep, no problems (no matter how much physical activity and/or caffeinated beverages I may have recently had), but if my "battery is recharged", I'm not falling back asleep for generally another 16 to 18 hours.

SKIQUATTRO

was up till about 2am, still amped up from my workout, thats why i prefer early morning (5am) workouts...you are up, worked out, feel great all day and dont have it looming over you head all day...