• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Made dough for cut out cookies. Chilling it now. I feel like all I'm doing is baking! :-o

Going to relax soon and read The Alchemist for a while...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
1/2 the cookie dough pops are done and drying:
stage 1:
11156_249952436256_624361256_4704290_6049490_n.jpg

stage 2:
11156_249952466256_624361256_4704291_5734388_n.jpg

Want to go chill with the kids but they keep taking all the cushions off the couches and piling them in the middle of the living room. :roll:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Want to go chill with the kids but they keep taking all the cushions off the couches and piling them in the middle of the living room. :roll:

My kids did that for years. they would even find enough cushions in the house to build a "slide", which always collaspsed after one use. It's tiring I know, but in years to come when they don't want to be around you, you'll cherish that innocent play. :smile:

Geoff

Sitting in Logan Airport. I got F'ed by United. 2 hour crew delay. I miss my connection in O'Hare. The next flight to ORD is oversold so the standby list is a 0% chance. I have a dreaded middle seat on the rebooked Chicago/Vancouver flight so I'll arrive in Vancouver 6 hours late and pretty damned uncomfortable.
Little wonder I now fly Southwest all the time.

drjeff

Sitting in Logan Airport. I got F'ed by United. 2 hour crew delay. I miss my connection in O'Hare. The next flight to ORD is oversold so the standby list is a 0% chance. I have a dreaded middle seat on the rebooked Chicago/Vancouver flight so I'll arrive in Vancouver 6 hours late and pretty damned uncomfortable.
Little wonder I now fly Southwest all the time

+1

Good luck on getting out there Geoff

Dr Skimeister

Wrapping a few presents for office people. Then picking up kids from school early before we head into the city to visit Santa at Macy's. Chinatown dinner after. :)

Warp Daddy

got some bad news last nite . Grandson # 2 afflicted with seizure disorder and has had multiple incidents of veriing severity this fall. His team of doc evaluted him this week and they are trying to stabilize him but tests to date show " generalized locations of the problem in the brain rather than specifically pinpointing it . So at present he's on 2 meds . He will weaned off one but the other needs to titrate which is further complicated by the fact the poor kid is in puberty with all the growth and weight related spurts and hormonal issues. So no skkiing this season till he hopefully stabilizes or god willing outgrows the issue .

I feel bad for the kid and will take him toboganning as an alternative . Skiing was HUGE for him and he's really down

Moe Ghoul

got some bad news last nite . Grandson # 2 afflicted with seizure disorder and has had multiple incidents of veriing severity this fall. His team of doc evaluted him this week and they are trying to stabilize him but tests to date show " generalized locations of the problem in the brain rather than specifically pinpointing it . So at present he's on 2 meds . He will weaned off one but the other needs to titrate which is further complicated by the fact the poor kid is in puberty with all the growth and weight related spurts and hormonal issues. So no skkiing this season till he hopefully stabilizes or god willing outgrows the issue .

I feel bad for the kid and will take him toboganning as an alternative . Skiing was HUGE for him and he's really down

++++Vibes++++ for the young one. I'm pretty sure everyone around him is more upset about it than he is. Shred the sled with him and enjoy the holidays.:daffy:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Warp, that's rough. Thinking of you and your grandson.

Right now, eating pancakes and sausage with the kids while listening to the upstairs neighbor run up and down the stairs and randomly slam the outside door. :roll:

Warp Daddy

Thanks Carrie and Moe . we'll fill the holidays with fun for all of them i'll take the others skiing when this young guy is at his other grandparents house visiting, then we'll shred the sled as Moe says when he's with us . There will be plenty of other fun stuff to do too, so we'll keep them all engaged